cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Generative AI
Explore discussions on generative artificial intelligence techniques and applications within the Databricks Community. Share ideas, challenges, and breakthroughs in this cutting-edge field.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Enabling vector search

WynanddB
New Contributor III

I have a team member doing the GenAI certification but she gets the following error

Response content b'{"error_code":"BAD_REQUEST","message":"This trial workspace no longer has access to Vector Search. Please upgrade the workspace to continue to use Vector Search."}', status_code 400

How do I upgrade the workspace?

4 REPLIES 4

szymon_dybczak
Contributor III

Hi @WynanddB ,

To upgrade your Azure Databricks workspace pricing plan, go to your workspace in the Azure portal then click Upgrade to Premium.

For AWS follow below guide:

Manage your subscription | Databricks on AWS

We are using a trial subscripion as Databricks partner. Is the trial limited?

Hi @WynanddB ,

Yes, it looks like access to vector search is limited in trial workspaces.

nagND
New Contributor II

I am trying to enable mosiac vector search for my workspace but so far I can see the metastore in my catalog but no vector search.

though I am on paid tier and have enabled unity catalog on the workspace. I am still not able to see vector search on my databricks dashboard.

I followed this video - https://youtu.be/f6Acij4hPqA?si=O9GPx4MTCz9vDeSv

Any idea how to enable vector search on Databricks workspace?

Welcome to this straightforward and practical guide on enabling Unity Catalog in your Azure environment. This video is tailored for users who are looking to activate this powerful feature but are unsure where to start. Unity Catalog brings a new layer of data management and security to your ...

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group