cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Generative AI
Explore discussions on generative artificial intelligence techniques and applications within the Databricks Community. Share ideas, challenges, and breakthroughs in this cutting-edge field.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genie: Cant upvote/downvote, cant edit queries nor view other results

mortenhaga2
New Contributor III

Hi all

I have been trying to get some feedback on this before, but since this is important to if and how my organization is going to adopt this tool, I need some help on this:

For me as an account admin and workspace admin, my problem is that I cant upvote/downvote, edit queries nor view the result that Genie answers to other users.

Pic 1- The dialog from another user with Genie: 

mortenhaga2_0-1725264270178.png

As you can see from above, I cant edit the code, I cant view the result nor cant I upvote or downvote.

Pic 2 - My dialouge

mortenhaga2_1-1725264435843.png

Permissions on the Genie space:

mortenhaga2_3-1725264479589.png

In my opinion, if Im the only one that knows if the results that Genie produces is exactly correct or not, if I cant vew the result nor upvote/downvote or edit the code, then how can I correct Genie to produce better answers other than giving instructions and descriptions? 

Please help!

Morten 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

holly
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Morten,

I think I understand what you're asking: As an admin, You want to view other peoples responses and rate them thumbs up or thumbs down.

Unfortunately this is not something that can be done right now, but here are some alternatives:

1. Ask the same question in your own session with exactly the same wording and thumbs up/down those. The randomness of genie is low, you should get exactly the same (if not an exceptionally similar) response
  2. You can add in general instructions about the data that provides context to genie
  3. You can create trusted assets for your users based on questions they might ask
  4. You can create example SQL queries that users might want to ask, guiding them towards the types of questions they might want to ask

I think this is good feedback so I'll pass this on to the product team. If you could add more context, that would really help them understand why this would be useful, eg, have there been errors, people don't trust the answer etc

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Walter_C
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you confirm you already have the required permissions:

https://docs.databricks.com/en/genie/index.html#required-permissions

mortenhaga2
New Contributor III

Sure:

Permission for the SQL Warehouse (Compute):

mortenhaga2_1-1725299243901.png

Permission for the tables:

mortenhaga2_2-1725299298651.png

Permission for the Genie space:

mortenhaga2_3-1725299345060.png

mortenhaga2
New Contributor III

@Walter_C did you find anytime to look into this?

mortenhaga2
New Contributor III

can anyone help me with this?

holly
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Morten,

I think I understand what you're asking: As an admin, You want to view other peoples responses and rate them thumbs up or thumbs down.

Unfortunately this is not something that can be done right now, but here are some alternatives:

1. Ask the same question in your own session with exactly the same wording and thumbs up/down those. The randomness of genie is low, you should get exactly the same (if not an exceptionally similar) response
  2. You can add in general instructions about the data that provides context to genie
  3. You can create trusted assets for your users based on questions they might ask
  4. You can create example SQL queries that users might want to ask, guiding them towards the types of questions they might want to ask

I think this is good feedback so I'll pass this on to the product team. If you could add more context, that would really help them understand why this would be useful, eg, have there been errors, people don't trust the answer etc

mortenhaga2
New Contributor III

Thanks for getting back to me. 

As an admin and creator of a Genie space, I would like to see what the answer that Geneie produces, so that I know that the answers are correct (or within the boundaries of acceptance). As of now, I need to copy the generated SQL query and run it in SQL Editor and/or ask the same question on my own, to get the result. This works, but it is slow. I would very much like to see the answer in the dialog of the user and correct the answer right there in the form of thumbs up/down and correct the script. One reason for this is that the user doesnt know if the answer is correct or not. Only Data Analyst or other data personel know that. Therefore, strictly in the manner of knowing the correct answer, the thumbs up/down button has no value for the user. For other uses, ie displaying the right visualization or structuring the answer in the way the user would like, then the thumbs up or down would provide value. 

holly
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Amazing user story - this has been great for our internal discussions, thank you

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group