cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Generative AI
Explore discussions on generative artificial intelligence techniques and applications within the Databricks Community. Share ideas, challenges, and breakthroughs in this cutting-edge field.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is llama 3.0 not supported anymore or is it just a glitch

tefrati
New Contributor II

Hello all,

For some reason, I can't find llama-3.0 models on either the playground or serving endpoints even though we've been using it for months.
I can see both llama-3.1 models on the serving endpoints page and it also says they have been last modified 9 months ago. This, obviously, can't be correct so I suspect it's just a glitch and would expect DB to acknowledge.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tefrati, The model is now replaced with v3.1.

tefrati
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply Kaniz.
Can you please elaborate regarding the following:

• When did DB replaced 3.0 with 3.1?
  • How was it communicated to paying clients? I don't recall any email alerting us about the coming change.
  • Is there any rate difference between 3.0 and 3.1?
  • We're still using 3.0 endpoint URL. I assume there's an internal re-direct to route requests to 3.1 models. When would we need to update the URL or will DB continue to re-direct our calls?

Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tefrati Thank you for your patience on this one! The pricing remains the same. Our team found version 3.1 to be better than 3 in many aspects, with the added benefit of not requiring any prompt changes. As a result, we have transitioned to 3.1. Our model update policy for pay-per-tokens is listed hereHope this helps!

tefrati
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response Sujitha. I understand the rational. However, you canโ€™t make such as decision for your clients without letting them know and give them plenty of time to test and prepare. 
Iโ€™m sure you thoroughly tested different use cases but, you canโ€™t cover all. 
Databricks should have notified its clients at least 60 days in advance and let them make a choice. 

Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager
You're right, @tefrati. We didn't send a personal communication, but the information was available on our pricing website two weeks before the upgrade. I'm sorry if this was missed. I'll pass your feedback on to the team to improve communication the next time. 

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group