cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Create Team Git Repo in Azure Databricks

Shawn_Eary
New Contributor III

When I attach a Git repo to Databricks, it always puts the repo under my username/domain name:

Shawn_Eary_0-1702321413271.png

How can I create a "team" repo at the top level, so teammates don't have to drill into my username?

2 REPLIES 2

Hkesharwani
Contributor II

The best approach to create a shared repo is create a folder in repo .Then click on options and create -> Repo

Hkesharwani_1-1715583307393.png

Give the required details like git provider 

Hkesharwani_2-1715583515423.png

connect your git provider account from the setting.

Hkesharwani_3-1715583611025.png

And the shared repo is ready this will allow you to manage repo from service user account rather than personal account.

Harshit Kesharwani
Self-taught Data Engineer | Seeking Remote Full-time Opportunities

DonatienTessier
Contributor

Hi,

Interest of using a repo is to have a dedicated area for each of developers.

If you want to have only a folder with the last version of the code, you should a CI/CD pipeline that will package the code and then delivered into a folder inside Workspace. E.g: Workspace/run

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!