cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks Delta table Insert Data Error

eric2
New Contributor II

When trying to insert data into the Delta table in databricks, an error occurs as shown below. [TASK_WRITE_FAILED] Task failed while writing rows to abfss://cont-01@dlsgolfzon001.dfs.core.windows.net/dir-db999_test/D_RGN_INFO_TMP.

In SQL, the results of Select statements other than Insert into are displayed in table form, but an error occurs when Insert is used.

Please tell me how to resolve this error.

3 REPLIES 3

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

how do you try to insert the data into the delta table?

Can you share the statement?

eric2
New Contributor II

Thank you for trying to solve the problem together. 

I try to use SQL Query in Notebook.

I'd like to tell you the query I'm using, but it's difficult to share.

-Step1 Create TableA
A table called A was created as shown below, and the location was designated as a specific blob storage path.

-Step2 Insert Data
The approximate content of the query is to insert data from tables B and C into table A.

Create Table tableA (
    Col1   as int
    Col2   as int
    Col3   as string
    Col4   as string
) using delta location 'Blob storage path'

Insert into tableA
select
    B.Col1      AS Col1
    B.Col2      AS Col2
    C.Col1      AS Col3
    C.Col2      AS Col4
from tableB B
Left outer join tableC C

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

seems ok to me, have you tried to display the data from table A and also the B/C join?

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!