cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks JDBC driver multi query in one request.

shkelzeen
New Contributor II

Can I run multi query in one command using databricks JDBC driver and would databricks execute one query faster then running multi queries in one script?  

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @shkelzeen You can run multiple queries in one command using Databricks JDBC driver by using the operator to c...

This will execute two queries in one command and display the results in separate tables.

As for whether Databricks will execute one query faster than running multiple queries in one script,....

Generally speaking, running multiple queries in one script may be more efficient if you have a large amount of data or complex queries that require multiple steps to process. However, running multiple queries in one command may be more efficient if you have a small amount of data or simple queries that can be executed quickly.

To improve performance for reads, you need to specify a number of options to control how many simult.... For small clusters, setting the numPartitions option equal to the number of executor cores in your c.... You can also use other options such as maxRows, fetchSize, autoDeserialize, and queryPushdown to opt...s.

Hi Kaniz

Thank you for you reply. I did mean the jdbc driver for external table I mean the jdbc driver which is used to connect to databricks, is there any property I can send on the JDBC connection to databricks from my service which will allow multipart query run in the same command.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group