cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mounting Data IOException

EricMa
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am currently taking a course from Coursera for data science using SQL. For one of our assignments we need to mount some data by running a script that has been provided to us by the class. When I run the script I receive the following error.

IOException: s3a://AKIAJDDJNXBZ3FJHWLDQ:wD26wPuGshDAIObuOFKPBsQ8n5LPd0aJYWyS2H+%2F@davis-dsv1071/data/fire-calls/fire-calls-truncated-comma.csv
	at com.databricks.backend.daemon.data.client.DbfsClient.sendIdempotent(DbfsClient.scala:70)
	at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverWrapper.run(DriverWrapper.scala:290)

IOException.jpg

I would much appreciate it if anyone could advise on what could be causing this error and how to possibly fix it.

Below is also a view of the notebook that contains this script.

IOException_Classroom-Setup.jpg

Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17

EricMa
New Contributor III

Thank you for the feedback Kaniz. Unfortunately I did not mount any of this data myself or create the notebook that this data mount is contained in. The notebook was given to me by the instructor of the course I am taking. The course I am taking had me import the notebooks for course using the URL https://files.training.databricks.com/courses/ucdavis/Lessons.dbc . If you import this URL yourself you will see that the notebooks for this script I am trying to run as well as the dataset mounts are contained in the first folder titled "Includes."

Is this issue something that the instructor of the course needs to resolve on their end? Below is a screenshot of the notebook that contains the dataset mounts.

EricMa_0-1721690407715.png

EricMa_1-1721690442810.png

Thank you.

EricMa
New Contributor III

Hi Kaniz,

I sent you a follow up question a couple of weeks ago for further assistance and I just wanted to see if you are able to answer my response. I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

EricMa
New Contributor III

Thank you for the feedback Kaniz. Unfortunately I did not mount any of this data myself or create the notebook that this data mount is contained in. The notebook was given to me by the instructor of the course I am taking. The course I am taking had me import the notebooks for course using the URL https://files.training.databricks.com/courses/ucdavis/Lessons.dbc . If you import this URL yourself you will see that the notebooks for this script I am trying to run as well as the dataset mounts are contained in the first folder titled "Includes."

Is this issue something that the instructor of the course needs to resolve on their end? Below is a screenshot of the notebook that contains the dataset mounts.

EricMa_0-1721445474081.png

EricMa_1-1721445521306.png

Tawfeeq
New Contributor III

Hi EricMa, If you have solved the issue, can you please help me?

EricMa
New Contributor III

Hi Tawfeeq,

Unfortunately I have not received a response from Kaniz to the follow up question I sent her. I just sent her another reply asking if she could get back to me about it. I flagged a couple of the videos in Coursera explaining the issue and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm going to send Coursera an e-mail by filling out a contact support form informing them of the issue. If I was you I would do these things as well since I think if enough students flag videos and reach out to them directly by contacting customer support I think it might get their attention. If I don't hear anything from Coursera I'm going to send UC Davis an e-mail informing them of the issue. I found an e-mail address, cpeinfo@ucdavis.edu, listed at the bottom of their web page for the course at https://extension.ucdavis.edu/section/learn-sql-basics-data-science-specialization-coursera

Tawfeeq
New Contributor III

Hi EricMa,

I will send an Email to the mentioned mail-id. Try uploading the file as mentioned in '1.5 - import data'. Did you complete the first module?

Tawfeeq
New Contributor III

Hi EricMa, If you have solved the issue, can you please help me?

ArpitSharma
New Contributor II

This seems to be a new issue. I am also having exact same issue. I deleted all my account information. then signed up again using another email address and it is still the same issue. Some link somewhere is broken in the course material and Amazon bucket.

@Retired_mod Please advise the next steps. Multiple people having same issue !!!

Tawfeeq
New Contributor III

Hi ArpitSharma,
 I am from India. I completed the first module. If you are okay you could contact me. 
Mail-id - stawfeeqofficial@gmail.com

shyamadur
New Contributor II

Hi Tawfeeq,

I am facing the same issue. Can you help me solve? I have already send the details to your email ID.

Thank you,

Shyam

Tawfeeq
New Contributor III

Hi Shyamadur, I will contact you via mail.

Tawfeeq
New Contributor III

Hi People,
Use this path 

"dbfs:/databricks-datasets/learning-spark-v2/sf-fire/sf-fire-calls.csv".
This works fine. In case any doubt please contact me.
Mail-id : stawfeeqofficial@gmail.com

and the others files, like 

/mnt/davis/fire-calls/fire-calls-truncated.json

Hi BrunoGomesWeb, this json path is a faulty one. I couldn't find the right path on the ineternet.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group