cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing StorageContext Error while trying to access DBFS

ArghaB
New Contributor II

This issue has hindered my practice for the whole day. I scoured the web and couldn't find anybody who has faced this particular error. The error I am getting is:

DBFS file browser
StorageContext com.databricks.backend.storage.StorageContextType$DbfsRoot$@5c512926 for workspace 3667672304132597 is not set in the CustomerStorageInfo.

I am not sure what this means. For context, I had uploaded some files yesterday on DBFS for practice purposes. Those files are still available if I try to find them through notebooks, however, the DBFS tab can't show them and throws this error. Any help will be much appreciated!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

This was a global issue and is fixed now.

View solution in original post

I was able to upload a file now. Thanks!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MaesakD
New Contributor II

getting same problem

MaesakD_0-1721765485913.png

Juanitoc10
New Contributor II

I have the same problem, still no solution

pshan2000
New Contributor III

I have been getting this error since yesterday (07/23). 

AnandBagate
New Contributor II

same issue facing today 

Mansi-DataEng
New Contributor III

Hello, 
I also upload the file to dbfs for practice in community edition today, getting same error.

I have submitted a post with the same issue.

Lets hope Databricks find a solution soon.

mozartiano
New Contributor III

Yeah, unable to save any file with rdd.saveTextfile and to upload any file using the workspace.

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

This was a global issue and is fixed now.

I was able to upload a file now. Thanks!

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group