cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Get the thrift hive.metastore.uri for Databricks unity catalog

Akshith_Rajesh
New Contributor III

I am trying to connect to Unity catalog meta store tables using Presto 
Based on the presto documentation I need to use the below configuration to connect to delta tables in the unity catalog 

https://prestodb.io/docs/current/connector/hive.html

So from where can I get the hive metastore.URI from data bricks 

connector.name=hive
hive.metastore.uri=thrift://localhost:9083
hive.s3.aws-access-key=<s3-access-key>
hive.s3.aws-secret-key=<s3-secret-key>

#Databricks #UnityCatalog

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Akshith_Rajesh , In Databricks, the Hive metastore URI is not directly exposed to users. However, you can interact with the metastore using Spark SQL commands. If you're using an external metastore, the URI would be something you've configured and should have access to.

If you're trying to use the Glue Catalog as your metastore, you can enable it using the configuration spark.databricks.hive.metastore.glueCatalog.enabled=true. This configuration should be set before the cluster startup or before creating the SparkSession or SparkContext

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group