Get Started Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to view Databricks cluster metrics using REST API

Prashanthkumar
New Contributor III

I am looking for some help on getting databricks cluster metrics such as memory utilization, CPU utilization, memory swap utilization, free file system using REST API.

I am trying it in postman using databricks token and with my Service Principal bearer token with this link

https://databricksinstance.azuredatabricks.net/?o=workspaceid#setting/clusters/cluster_id/metrics

however when i send the request it shows below sign in, is there anything else i am missing or is it not possible to view using REST API

Here is the full response.

Prashanthkumar_0-1705104529507.png

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Walter_C
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

There is currently no option available to get this metrics available through API, but is coming soon.

Thank you Walter will keep an eye for updates.

ErikJ
New Contributor II

Is there a release calender where I can find a date for this?

Nandhini_Kumar
New Contributor III

Is there any alternative way to get all performance metrics programmatically?

Through Databricks REST API you can get job info such as pipeline run time, task run times etc, but I don't think you can get CPU usage and such

Prashanthkumar
New Contributor III

OK thank you, any plans to introduce a new feature in Databricks to capture CPU usage?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.