Get Started Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tableau Desktop connection error from Mac M1

Chinu
New Contributor III

Hi, Im getting the below error while connecting SQL Warehouse from the tableau desktop. I installed the latest ODBC drivers (2.7.5) but I can confirm that the driver name is different. From the error message I see libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib but in my laptop I see "libsparkodbc_sb64-universal.dylib". I downloaded ODBC manager and overridden the driver name to libsparkodbc_sb64-universal.dylib but I still get the same error. 
Have you experienced this before? Any workaround?

[iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen(/Library/simba/spark/lib/libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib, 0x0006): tried: '/Library/simba/spark/lib/libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/Library/simba/spark/lib/libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib' (no such

[iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded

Download and install the drivers, and then connect.

1 REPLY 1

jiro
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello @Chinu 

It looks like Tableau Desktop by default searches for /Library/simba/spark/lib/libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib , but the file in the SimbaSparkODBC-2.7.7.1016-OS gets installed as libsparkodbc_sb64-universal.dylib

I was able to go around this by renaming the file libsparkodbc_sb64-universal.dylib to libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib

. I also exported the env variable as shown in the install document

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/Library/simba/spark/lib/libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib