cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tableau Desktop connection error from Mac M1

Chinu
New Contributor III

Hi, Im getting the below error while connecting SQL Warehouse from the tableau desktop. I installed the latest ODBC drivers (2.7.5) but I can confirm that the driver name is different. From the error message I see libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib but in my laptop I see "libsparkodbc_sb64-universal.dylib". I downloaded ODBC manager and overridden the driver name to libsparkodbc_sb64-universal.dylib but I still get the same error. 
Have you experienced this before? Any workaround?

[iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen(/Library/simba/spark/lib/libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib, 0x0006): tried: '/Library/simba/spark/lib/libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/Library/simba/spark/lib/libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib' (no such

[iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded

Download and install the drivers, and then connect.

1 REPLY 1

jiro
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello @Chinu 

It looks like Tableau Desktop by default searches for /Library/simba/spark/lib/libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib , but the file in the SimbaSparkODBC-2.7.7.1016-OS gets installed as libsparkodbc_sb64-universal.dylib

I was able to go around this by renaming the file libsparkodbc_sb64-universal.dylib to libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib

. I also exported the env variable as shown in the install document

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/Library/simba/spark/lib/libsparkodbc_sbu.dylib

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!