cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knowledge Sharing Hub
Dive into a collaborative space where members like YOU can exchange knowledge, tips, and best practices. Join the conversation today and unlock a wealth of collective wisdom to enhance your experience and drive success.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Engineering for Data Engineers: Building Blocks for ML Success

MichTalebzadeh
Valued Contributor

For a  UK Government Agency, I made a Comprehensive presentation titled " Feature Engineering for Data Engineers: Building Blocks for ML Success".  I made an article of it in Linkedlin together with the relevant GitHub code. In summary the code delves into the critical steps of feature engineering, demonstrating how to handle missing values, encode categorical data, and prepare numerical features for modelling. By employing techniques like mean imputation and one-hot encoding, we establish a solid foundation for training complex models such as Variational Autoencoders (VAEs). This comprehensive approach empowers data scientists and data engineers  to extract meaningful insights and build high-performing machine learning pipelines.

The full post is here

Feature Engineering for Data Engineers: Building Blocks for ML Success | LinkedIn

Mich Talebzadeh | Technologist | Data | Generative AI | Financial Fraud
London
United Kingdom

view my Linkedin profile

https://en.everybodywiki.com/Mich_Talebzadeh

Disclaimer: The information provided is correct to the best of my knowledge but of course cannot be guaranteed . It is essential to note that, as with any advice, quote "one test result is worth one-thousand expert opinions (Werner Von Braun)".
1 REPLY 1

Anushree_Tatode

Hi,
Excellent presentation and article! Your insights on feature engineering and practical code examples are incredibly useful for building strong ML models. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks,
Anushree

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group