Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Edition - MLflow RestException: PERMISSION_DENIED: Model Registry is not enabled for organization

sureshK
New Contributor

I am trying the databricks community edition . When i try to register my model it is throwing following exception.

RestException: PERMISSION_DENIED: Model Registry is not enabled for organization

How to enable the model registry ... I have tried in settings and everywhere ..could not find how to enable model registry....

Is it the limitation with community edition?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @suresh k​ , The Model Registry is enabled by default for all customers using Databricks’ Unified Analytics Platform.

Source

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I bet that it is limitation with community edition

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @suresh k​ , The Model Registry is enabled by default for all customers using Databricks’ Unified Analytics Platform.

Source

mo91
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue. How do you resolve this?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Martin Olowe​ , Can you please elaborate the issue which you're facing?

mo91
New Contributor III

Currently running this cmmd:-

model_name = "Quality"

model_version = mlflow.register_model(f"runs:/{run_id}/random_forest_model", model_name)

# Registering the model takes a few seconds, so add a small delay

time.sleep(15)

however I get this error:-

RestException: PERMISSION_DENIED: Model Registry is not enabled for organization 2183541758974102.

the answer you provided did not provide a solution

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.