Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone,Please note that I stuck with exercise 2.0 Train and Validate ML Model because when I run code appear a NameError with the following label...

Cristianmarja
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

Please note that I stuck with exercise 2.0 Train and Validate ML Model because when I run code appear a NameError with the following label: name 'DoubleType' is not defined.

I put the code bellow for your reference.

I would like any help about this subject.

def get_sin_cosine(value, max_value):
  sine =  np.sin(value * (2.*np.pi/max_value))
  cosine = np.cos(value * (2.*np.pi/max_value))
  return (sine.tolist(), cosine.tolist())

schema = StructType([
    StructField("sine", DoubleType(), False),
    StructField("cosine", DoubleType(), False)
])

get_sin_cosineUDF = udf(get_sin_cosine, schema)

dataset = dataset.withColumn("udfResult", get_sin_cosineUDF(col("hour_of_day"), lit(24))).withColumn("hour_sine", col("udfResult.sine")).withColumn("hour_cosine", col("udfResult.cosine")).drop("udfResult").drop("hour_of_day")

dataset = dataset.filter(dataset.totalAmount.isNotNull())

dataset = dataset.withColumn("isPaidTimeOff", col("isPaidTimeOff").cast("integer"))

display(dataset)

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cristian Martinez​ :

The error you are seeing is occurring because the DoubleType class has not been imported. To fix this, add the following line to the top of your code to import DoubleType:

from pyspark.sql.types import DoubleType

This should resolve the NameError you are seeing.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.