Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Training Offerings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Academy course updates will reset course progress: what am I going to lose?

RobinWay
New Contributor

I received this notice this morning from the Databricks Partner Academy: 

"You are receiving this message because you are currently enrolled and working through the Data Engineering with Databricks self-paced course via Databricks Academy. Please note that we will make updates to this course starting at noon PST on October 6, 2023.  At that time, course progress will be reset on course materials that are not complete. As a reminder, this course will continue to prepare you for the Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate exam."

Does anyone know exactly what progress I am going to lose? I've completed most of this course, and all the completed material has check marks showing I've completed. Will my progress be completely reset, or will progress at the chapter level, or will basically all my progress be retained? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

User16847923431
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, Robin! Thanks for reaching out and apologies if the message was unclear. While the edits we are making won't be major ones to the content itself (topics, learning objectives, etc.), we still like to let people know that they are coming so that they can plan. So - here's an explanation - in our learning management system, course progress can be set to either "Complete" (you completed 100% of it), "In Progress" (you're working on it) or "Not Started". If you have completed a course (100% is done), then when we make updates to that course, your progress will remain as "Complete". If however you are "In Progress" - half-way through the course, 1/3 of the way through, etc., progress will be reset on the training materials that are In Progress. 

Say that you are taking Data Engineering with Databricks and left off on video 4. Well, after we make updates, the system will no longer remember that you left off on Video 4. That's what we mean that you will lose progress on those course materials. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

User16847923431
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, Robin! Thanks for reaching out and apologies if the message was unclear. While the edits we are making won't be major ones to the content itself (topics, learning objectives, etc.), we still like to let people know that they are coming so that they can plan. So - here's an explanation - in our learning management system, course progress can be set to either "Complete" (you completed 100% of it), "In Progress" (you're working on it) or "Not Started". If you have completed a course (100% is done), then when we make updates to that course, your progress will remain as "Complete". If however you are "In Progress" - half-way through the course, 1/3 of the way through, etc., progress will be reset on the training materials that are In Progress. 

Say that you are taking Data Engineering with Databricks and left off on video 4. Well, after we make updates, the system will no longer remember that you left off on Video 4. That's what we mean that you will lose progress on those course materials. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.