cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warehousing & Analytics
Engage in discussions on data warehousing, analytics, and BI solutions within the Databricks Community. Share insights, tips, and best practices for leveraging data for informed decision-making.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel SQL statement using ODBC driver

Datbth
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm implementing a Databricks connector using the ODBC driver and currently working on the functionality to Cancel an ongoing SQL statement.

However, I can't seem to find any ODBC function or SQL function to do so.

The only other alternative I see is to use this API, but then I could not find any easy/efficient way to get the Statement ID from the ODBC execution. It is technically possible to use the Query History API and browse for the target statement, but I cannot filter by SQL, making it quite inefficient.

Am I missing something?

Is there a plan to support any of these features?

1. ODBC/SQL function to cancel a SQL statement
  2. Ability to filter Query History API by SQL text (so that I can inject an ID into the SQL statements and efficiently query them)

Thank you for looking into this.

0 REPLIES 0
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!