Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warehousing & Analytics
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Sharing lists tables but says "access to resource is forbidden" when reading table contents

Meagan
New Contributor III

I am using Power BI Desktop to connect to Unity Catalog using Delta Sharing. When I connect, I enter my endpoint, enter my bearer token, browse the catalog and can see my tables. But when I try to preview or load a table, I get the error "access to resource is forbidden". 

I know the endpoint and bearer token are correct, since I can list the tables that I should be able to see. It's like there is a storage permissions issue, but I'm not sure what that would be. I'd appreciate any advice on things to try. 

Meagan_0-1690388250151.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Meagan
New Contributor III

It turned out we had to allow my IP address on the storage account used by Unity Catalog. I guess i wasn't expecting to need that for Delta Sharing, but that indeed did fix the problem. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Meagan
New Contributor III

It turned out we had to allow my IP address on the storage account used by Unity Catalog. I guess i wasn't expecting to need that for Delta Sharing, but that indeed did fix the problem. 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.