Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warehousing & Analytics
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use "data labels" in Databricks SQL heatmap?

FranFine_62442
New Contributor

Hello,

A member of my team is attempting to control the data labels on a Databricks SQL heatmap visualization. That is, he would specify an x variable, a y variable, a color variable, and additionally, use a 4th column to control the text within the cells. This 4th column, we thought, could be controlled via "data labels."

But we're not really sure what this functionality is supposed to do, there seems to be limited documentation on it. How are "data labels" supposed to be used? Can someone provide an example? Here is the documentation available:

Attached is a screenshot of me attempting to use this feature on a heatmap, but without any luck, as the cells in the heatmap contain the values from the color column and not the column named "label." The query, you can imagine, is basically "select X, SCPhase, Z, label from my_table".

0 REPLIES 0
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.