cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pm4py no visualization

rushank29
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to use pm4py library to visualize my data. my code executes perfectly but there is no visualization how can i solve this problem ? There is no error message

#processmining # databricks #pm4py

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rushank29Here are a few steps you can take to address the problem:

1. Check Dependencies:

• Ensure that you have all the necessary dependencies installed. Sometimes missing or outdated packages can cause issues with visualization libraries.
    • Verify that you have the required versions of pm4py and any other relevant libraries (such as matplotlib or graphviz).
  2. Inspect Your Code:

• Double-check your code to ensure that you are correctly invoking the visualization functions from pm4py.
    • Make sure you are using the appropriate visualization method for your data (e.g., process models, petri nets, etc.).
  3. Matplotlib Integration:

4. Petri Net Visualization Issue:

5. Graphviz Installation:

• If you’re working with petri nets, make sure you have Graphviz installed. pm4py relies on Graphviz for visualizing petri nets.
    • Install Graphviz using pip install graphviz.
  6. Inspect Data and Model:

• Verify that your data and process model are correctly loaded into pm4py.
    • Check if there are any specific parameters or options you need to set for visualization (e.g., layout, colors, etc.).
  7. Debugging:

• Even though there are no error messages, consider adding some print statements or logging to see if the visualization code is being executed as expected.
    • Inspect the output of the visualization functions to see if any unexpected results occur.

Remember that debugging visualization issues can sometimes be tricky, but with patience and thorough investigation, you’ll likely find the solution. If you encounter any specific errors or need further assistance, feel free to share more details, and I’ll be happy to help! 🚀

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.