Warehousing & Analytics
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PowerBI and Cloud Fetch

sondrewb
New Contributor III

In recent blog post posts (here and here) Databricks promotes a way of making BI queries to Databricks faster. It requires a runtime of 8.3 or higher, but what is required on the PowerBI side of things if one uses the databricks connector? Does that connector run the newest ODBC Simba driver (2.6.17) which is required to get the improved query performance? Or does one have to use a custom ODBC connection in Power BI to utilize Cloud Fetch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Navya_R
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @sondrewbโ€‹ 

The latest version of PowerBI is shipped with Databricks Connector running 2.6.17 ODBC Driver and therefore can be used to utilize Cloud Fetch

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ sondrewb! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers on the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will follow up with my team and get back to you soon.Thanks.

Navya_R
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @sondrewbโ€‹ 

The latest version of PowerBI is shipped with Databricks Connector running 2.6.17 ODBC Driver and therefore can be used to utilize Cloud Fetch

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.