Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warehousing & Analytics
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RuntimeError: It appears that you are attempting to reference SparkContext from a broadcast variable, action, or transformation. SparkContext can only be used on the driver, not in code that it run on workers. For more information, see SPARK-5063.

Nikhil3107
New Contributor III

I created the following model:

which calls get_identifier_information() which is as follows:

This is how I log the model

And this is the error I am running into:

RuntimeError: It appears that you are attempting to reference SparkContext from a broadcast variable, action, or transformation. SparkContext can only be used on the driver, not in code that it run on workers. For more information, see SPARK-5063.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nikhil Gajghate​, The error message you encountered indicates that you are attempting to reference the SparkContext object from a broadcast variable, action, or transformation in your code running on worker nodes. However, the SparkContext object can only be used on the driver node and is not accessible within code executed on worker nodes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Nikhil Gajghate​ 

Great to meet you, and thanks for your question!

Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question. Thanks.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nikhil Gajghate​, The error message you encountered indicates that you are attempting to reference the SparkContext object from a broadcast variable, action, or transformation in your code running on worker nodes. However, the SparkContext object can only be used on the driver node and is not accessible within code executed on worker nodes.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.