cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warehousing & Analytics
Engage in discussions on data warehousing, analytics, and BI solutions within the Databricks Community. Share insights, tips, and best practices for leveraging data for informed decision-making.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Warehouse: INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE when starting

DominikBraun
New Contributor II

Hey everybody.

When creating a SQL Warehouse and trying to start it, I get the following error message:

Clusters are failing to launch. Cluster launch will be retried.
Request to create a cluster failed with an exception: INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE: Cannot fetch secrets referred in the Spark configuration. Please check that the secrets exists and the cluster's owner has read permissions.

I have no idea what to do with that. What Spark configuration? Isn't that completely handled by the warehouse internally so I do not have an influence on that? What secret in meant here? I'm trying to create and run the cluster as the admin of the whole account, workspace, catalog etc.

Anyone any idea what to check and how to solve that?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ismael-K
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

One suggestion would be if you could please have the workspace admin check the Data Access Configuration properties in the Workspace Settings for any secrets that may be held which the warehouse is trying to access on start up? These data access properties can hold spark configurations that the warehouse can use. If there is a secret scope configured here, the user may need to be granted read access to it or you may also try to verify/change the warehouse owner. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ismael-K
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

One suggestion would be if you could please have the workspace admin check the Data Access Configuration properties in the Workspace Settings for any secrets that may be held which the warehouse is trying to access on start up? These data access properties can hold spark configurations that the warehouse can use. If there is a secret scope configured here, the user may need to be granted read access to it or you may also try to verify/change the warehouse owner. 

That worked. There has been a strange configuration. Thank you.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group