Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an option to have cell titles in notebook view 'Table of contents' ? If not - could you add one?

jacek
New Contributor II

I like cell title more than separate %md cell.

Having cell title in the table of contents seems like quite simple feature.

Is it possible? If not - could you add one?

6 REPLIES 6

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ jacek ! My name is Kaniz, and I'm a technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers on the Forum have an answer to your questions first. Or else I will follow up shortly with a response.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,If you want a new feature to be added here , you can request the feature here at this link:-https://docs.databricks.com/resources/ideas.html

jacek
New Contributor II

Sorry but this idea thing does not work for me at all - redirects to enter workspace even though I am logged into databricks.

I do not understand why community databricks login is not enough.

sean_owen
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Heh yeah this is a good observation. The title feature is kind of forgotten, and in a way subsumed by Markdown support, which exports and can be read with other tools. It might be a little unclear how to merge the two - what level are they at? but I could see generating a ToC at least if there are only cell titles. That said I'd recommend markdown in general.

jacek
New Contributor II

For me markdown is an overkill - titles are more convenient as they move/copy together with the cell content.

Last but not least - you can make cell title to be markdown and then treat the title as it was a separate markdown cell.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jacek​ - I wanted to pop in and give you a status update. The team is aware of your request. I can't make any promises on when something may change, but we appreciate your idea and bringing this to our attention.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.