Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I view an exported DBC notebook in my computer?

n-riesco
New Contributor

Is it possible to convert to or export as a .ipynb notebook?

5 REPLIES 5

kyle1
New Contributor II

Hi @n-riesco - Right now you can export the source code to your computer. Navigate to the file you want > click the down caret > export. This will be in .py, .scala, or .sql format.

Databricks also has GitHub integration for source code version control. To access this within a notebook click "Revision History" on the top right corner.

Also, Databricks is looking to add the ability to export to .ipynb format in coming releases.

User16826991422
Contributor

Additionally, if you export a directory and/or file you can extract the JSON by using the unzip command.

mushroom
New Contributor II

Is there any way to convert a DBC archive to code (py or ipynb) offline? Someone sent me a dbc file and I'd like to take a look at the code. thanks

JRL
New Contributor II

VSCode offers an extension called DBC Language Syntax. You will need to configure a connection to a running Databricks cluster. Microsoft offers you the first 200 hours free on Azure. It may be enough to get you started. The "DBC Language Syntax" will open the file, but it will first look for the connection.

AlexV
New Contributor II

You can rename somefile.dbc to somefile.zip and open it with the Windows File Explorer, however the .python files cannot be opened in vscode or pycharm

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.