New Contributor

unable to find the path to directory with os library

0693f000007OoJdAAK

7 REPLIES 7

User16752239222
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi @sp3234​ 

When using the local file APIs to read and write to dbfs paths, you should reference using "/dbfs/..." rather than "dbfs/..."

Here's an example that compares the result of local file APIs to using the %fs magic keyword in a notebook cell.

screen-shot-2018-08-31-at-103435-am.png 

reference documentation

Wistech_biz
New Contributor II

Being a web developer I've used this:

>>> import os >>> os.path.abspath("C:/example/cwd/mydir/myfile.txt") 'C:/example/cwd/mydir/myfile.txt'

rickwilliam
New Contributor II

I am working with Magento 2 extensions development company and i am a python developer since 5 years here is my answer.

Python program to explain os.getcwd() method 

# importing os module 
import
os 

# Get the current working 
# directory (CWD) 
cwd 
=
os.getcwd() 

# Print the current working 
# directory (CWD) 
print
(
"Current working directory:"
) 
print
(cwd) 

Hi,

os.getcwd() simply prints '/databricks/driver' for me irrespective of the location of the file..

Ideally I would like to get "/dbfs/FileStore/shared_uploads/krishna@company.com/Project_Folder"

Thanks

tomjenner
New Contributor II

In my opinion, it's hard to get the path of files using python os library. As a programmer who is engaged in software development for small business, I'm interested in the answer too.

Hi mate, did you get the answer?

os.getcwd() simply prints '/databricks/driver' for me irrespective of the location of the file..

Ideally I would like to get "/dbfs/FileStore/shared_uploads/krishna@company.com/Project_Folder"

Thanks

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

@sp3234​ 

Please use this it will work

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.