Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to subset the data using SparkR, using piping convention to execute the commands

RiyazAli
Contributor III

I'm operating on some data that looks like the image attached.

0693f000007OoRwAAKthe command that I'm performing is :

<code>library(magrittr)

subsetting the data for MAC-OS & sorting by event-timestamp.

acDF <- eventsDF %>% SparkR::select("device", "event_timestamp") SparkR::filter("device = macOS") %>% SparkR::arrange("event_timestamp") display(macDF) </code>

<br>

And the error I get is:

<code>Error in h(simpleError(msg, call)) : 
  error in evaluating the argument 'x' in selecting a method for function 'arrange': unable to find an inherited method for function ‘filter’ for signature ‘"character", "missing"’
Some(<code style = 'font-size:10p'> Error in h(simpleError(msg, call)): error in evaluating the argument 'x' in selecting a method for function 'arrange': unable to find an inherited method for function ‘filter’ for signature ‘"character", "missing"’ </code>)

Any leads on where the mistake is would be highly appreciated, I'm unable to find out what am I missing on from the error code.

0 REPLIES 0
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.