Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ciso8601 library stopped installing out of the blue on DB clusters

RasmusOlesen
New Contributor III

We have multiple DB clusters (6.4 Extended Support) that have not changed in terms of libs installed or nodes etc.

Sudden from one day to the other, after a cluster restart August 7th, they stopped installing ciso8601 lib as they would usually.

Anybody know what would cause this?

We have literally changed nothing on the clusters.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

siddhathPanchal
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey @Sarah Pedersen​ and @Rasmus Olesen​ . I am able to download that library successfully on my DBR 6.4 cluster. Please look at the SS attached. If you are using any outdated version of that library, I would highly suggest to use the latest version of that library and install it from the cluster UI.

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 9.22.28 PMScreenshot 2021-09-27 at 9.22.15 PMScreenshot 2021-09-27 at 9.21.05 PM

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SarahPedersen
New Contributor II

We also have 6.4 cluster and our ciso doesn't work either.

RasmusOlesen
New Contributor III

Output from the lib installation under the Clusters page (Pypi: ciso8601)

java.lang.RuntimeException: ManagedLibraryInstallFailed: org.apache.spark.SparkException: Process List(/databricks/python/bin/pip, install, ciso8601, --disable-pip-version-check) exited with code 1. Command "/databricks/python3/bin/python3.7 /databricks/python3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py get_requires_for_build_wheel /tmp/tmpp25i_3y_" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-xva3elqs/ciso8601
 for library:PythonPyPiPkgId(ciso8601,None,None,List()),isSharedLibrary=false

SarahPedersen
New Contributor II

We have the same problem. We're also running on a 6.4 cluster and get the same error

siddhathPanchal
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey @Sarah Pedersen​ and @Rasmus Olesen​ . I am able to download that library successfully on my DBR 6.4 cluster. Please look at the SS attached. If you are using any outdated version of that library, I would highly suggest to use the latest version of that library and install it from the cluster UI.

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 9.22.28 PMScreenshot 2021-09-27 at 9.22.15 PMScreenshot 2021-09-27 at 9.21.05 PM

RasmusOlesen
New Contributor III

Just to close this old qustion:

We solved this by switching to a PEP517 free pip install, using the a Global Init Script:

/databricks/python/bin/pip install ciso8601 --disable-pip-version-check --no-use-pep517

Now it works for us.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.