Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

pantelis_mare
by Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! [SOLVED] maxPartitionBytes ignored?

Hello all!I'm running a simple read noop query where I read a specific partition of a delta table that looks like this:With the default configuration, I read the data in 12 partitions, which makes sense as the files that are more than 128MB are split...

• 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
ashish1
New Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

AQE doesn't affect the read time partitioning but at the shuffle time. It would be better to run optimize on the delta lake which will compact the files to approx 1 GB each, it would provide better read time performance.

• 5 kudos
6 More Replies
Nickels
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Reply on inline runtime commands

I feel like the answer to this question should be simple, but none the less I'm struggling.I run a python code that prompts me with the following warning:On my local machine, I can accept this through my terminal and my machine do not run out of memo...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Nickels Köhling​ ,In Databricks, you will only be able to see the output in the driver logs. If you go to your driver logs, you will be able to see 3 windows that are displaying the output of "stdout", "stderr" and "log4j".If in your code you do ...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
yatharth29
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Sajesh
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Yatharth Kaushik​ ,You can get the data into a table using the clusters event API: https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/clusters.html#events

• 2 kudos
Jreco
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Reference py file from a notebook

Hi All,I'm trying to reference a py file from a notebook following this documentation: Files in repoI downloaded and added the files to my repo and when I try to run the notebook, the modules is not recognized: Any idea why is this happening? Thanks ...

image image
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

In this topic you can find some more info:https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D53f00001Pp5EhCAJThe docs are not that clear.

• 5 kudos
2 More Replies
Mec_Mec
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Copy a script from the current subscription to new subscription

I would like to check if there is a process to copy a script/code or migrate the script from the current subscription of the Azure Databricks - Notebooks to new subscription of Databricks (new notebook).

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Mec_Mec
New Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

how quickly move the Databricks notebooks from one account to another?

• 4 kudos
5 More Replies
HÃ¥kon_Ã…mdal
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Incorrect length for `string` returned by the Databricks ODBC driver

Dear Databricks and community,​I have been struggling with a bug related to using golang and the Databricks ODBC driver.​It turns out that `SQLDescribeColW` consequently returns 256 as a length for `string` columns. However, in Spark, strings might b...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16829050420
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Thanks for posting this issue @HÃ¥kon Ã…mdal​ . We should be able to reproduce and report it to the Magnitude team subsquently.

• 1 kudos
RasmusOlesen
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! ciso8601 library stopped installing out of the blue on DB clusters

We have multiple DB clusters (6.4 Extended Support) that have not changed in terms of libs installed or nodes etc. Sudden from one day to the other, after a cluster restart August 7th, they stopped installing ciso8601 lib as they would usually. Anyb...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
RasmusOlesen
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Just to close this old qustion:We solved this by switching to a PEP517 free pip install, using the a Global Init Script:/databricks/python/bin/pip install ciso8601 --disable-pip-version-check --no-use-pep517Now it works for us.

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
ssm3819
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Please let me know how i can install PyAudio using the Databricks notebook

Hi,i am trying to install the PyAudio package.but i am getting the following error. Collecting pyaudio Using cached PyAudio-0.2.11.tar.gz (37 kB)Building wheels for collected packages: pyaudio Building wheel for pyaudio (setup.py) ... error ERROR: Co...

image.png
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

looks like missing dependencies on the server (linux): portaudioThis should be installed:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48690984/portaudio-h-no-such-file-or-directory

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
NAS
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set tags for an MLFlow Experiment using Python?

There is this rest API: https://www.mlflow.org/docs/latest/rest-api.html#set-experiment-tagCan I do the same from python's MLFlow API?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NAS
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Someone answered first in StackOverflow. Here it is:from mlflow.tracking import MlflowClient   # Create an experiment with a name that is unique and case sensitive. client = MlflowClient() experiment_id = client.create_experiment("Social NLP Experime...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
MadelynM
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Why isn't my notebook search function working?

My search function is broken. I can't search for notebook contents.

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
lizou
Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

Here is a tool availableelsevierlabs-os/NotebookDiscovery: Notebook Discovery Tool for Databricks notebooks (github.com)How to Catalog and Discover Your Databricks Notebooks Faster - The Databricks Blog

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
Prabakar
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Accessing the regions that are disabled by default in AWS from Databricks. In AWS we have 4 regions that are disabled by default. You must first enabl...

Accessing the regions that are disabled by default in AWS from Databricks.In AWS we have 4 regions that are disabled by default. You must first enable it before you can create and manage resources. The following Regions are disabled by default:Africa...

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
Jreco
by Contributor
  • 14 replies
  • 3 kudos

Event hub streaming improve processing rate

Hi all,I'm working with event hubs and data bricks to process and enrich data in real-time.Doing a "simple" test, I'm getting some weird values (input rate vs processing rate) and I think I'm losing data:If you can see, there is a peak with 5k record...

image image
  • 14 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 3 kudos

hi @Jhonatan Reyes​ ,How many Event hubs partitions are you readying from? your micro-batch takes a few milliseconds to complete, which I think is good time, but I would like to undertand better what are you trying to improve here.Also, in this case ...

• 3 kudos
13 More Replies
BigJay
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Capture num_affected_rows in notebooks

If I run some code, say for an ETL process to migrate data from bronze to silver storage, when a cell executes it reports num_affected_rows in a table format. I want to capture that and log it in my logger. Is it stored in a variable or syslogged som...

• 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

Good one Dan! I never thought of using the delta api for this but there you go.

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
maranBH
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 12 kudos

Resolved! How to import a function to another notebook using Repos without %run?

Hi all,I was reading the Repos documentation: https://docs.databricks.com/repos.html#migrate-from-run-commandsIt is explained that, one advantage of Repos is no longer necessary to use %run magic command to make funcions available in one notebook to ...

• 5 replies
  • 12 kudos
Latest Reply
maranBH
New Contributor III
  • 12 kudos

Thank you all for your help! I tried all that was suggested; but I finally realized it was my fault in first place:I was testing Files in Repos with a runtime < 8.4.I was trying to import a file from a DB Notebook instead of a static .py file.Upgradi...

• 12 kudos
4 More Replies
xiaozy
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi @xiaojun wang​  please check the blog and let us know if this helps you.https://databricks.com/blog/2015/07/15/introducing-window-functions-in-spark-sql.html

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors