Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

afshinR
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Hi, I like to create a web form with displayHTML in a notebook cell and when the users presses the post button, i like to write the content of my text...

Hi,I like to create a web form with displayHTML in a notebook cell and when the users presses the post button, i like to write the content of my text area of my form back in to the code cell of the notebook.Example:displayHTML ("""<form><textarea> u...

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 3 kudos

Hi @afshin riahi​ ,Did Dan's response helped you to solve your question? if it did, can you mark it as best answer? I will help to move the post to the top so other can quickly find the solution.

• 3 kudos
5 More Replies
cig0
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! AWS VPC peering connection: can't make Databricks VPC reach our services on the accepter VPC

Hi,We followed this document (https://docs.databricks.com/administration-guide/cloud-configurations/aws/vpc-peering.html) describing how to establish a connection between two (or more) VPC in AWS, but so far we haven't been able to communicate with t...

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Martin Cigorraga​ ,If Huaming's fully answered your question, would you be happy to mark their answer as best so that others can quickly find the solution?

• 2 kudos
5 More Replies
Ayman
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Ayman Alneser​ ,Did Huaming.lu's response worked for you? if it did, could you marked as the best solution so that other can quickly find it in the future.

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
TJS
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Can you help with this error please? Issue when using a new high concurrency cluster

Hello, I am trying to use MLFlow on a new high concurrency cluster but I get the error below. Does anyone have any suggestions? It was working before on a standard cluster. Thanks.py4j.security.Py4JSecurityException: Method public int org.apache.spar...

• 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
User16753724828
New Contributor III
  • 5 kudos

@Tom Soto​ We have a workaround for this. This cluster spark configuration setting will disable py4jSecurity while still enabling passthrough spark.databricks.pyspark.enablePy4JSecurity false

• 5 kudos
5 More Replies
William_Scardua
by Valued Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How many hours I can estimate to trainning in a Databricks Academy Self-Placed Trainning platform ?

I done the Data Engineering Profissional and others training in a Self-Placed Trainning (https://www.linkedin.com/posts/wscardua_data-engineering-professional-activity-6851487238774108160-IsTE) . How many hours can I estimate for this training (and o...

• 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
William_Scardua
Valued Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Can anyone help ?

• 2 kudos
8 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Multi-task Job Run starting point

Hi community!I would like to know if it is possible to start a Multi-task Job Run from and specific task. The use case is as follows:I have a 17 tasks JobA task in the middle, let's say a task after 2 dependencies, failsI found the error and now it i...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
  • 4 kudos

+1 to what @Dan Zafar​  said. We're working **** ** this. Looking forward to bring this to you in the near future.

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
alexraj84
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to read a fixed length file in Spark using DataFrame API and SCALA

I have a fixed length file ( a sample is shown below) and I want to read this file using DataFrames API in Spark using SCALA(not python or java). Using DataFrames API there are ways to read textFile, json file and so on but not sure if there is a wa...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Nagendra
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Find the below solution which can be used. Let us consider this is the data in the file. EMP ID   First Name              Last Name                       1Chris                   M                                                     2John            ...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
aditya_raj_data
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Hosting python application on Azure Databricks and exposing it's rest APIs

Hello, I am trying to host my application on Databricks and I want to expose rest APIs of my application to be accessed from postman but I am unable to find any documentation on how to do this. I tried to write simple flask "hello world" code to try ...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Manoj
Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

I did this using Azure web app and exposed the APIs , was able to access that in Post Man and Data bricks. Not used python app on data bricks

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
User16753725182
by Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to setup a private git repository in my workspace?

How to setup a private git repository in my workspace?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
atulsahu
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

As a platform engineer, I would go to the admin console and click on "workspace settings" and start by looking into the below settings. Repos: true, so that Repos integration is possibleThe next two settings, are important to make the overall experi...

• 0 kudos
Rnmj
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused) This is often caused by an OOM error

I am trying to run a python code where a json file is flattened to pipe separated file . The code works with smaller files but for huge files of 2.4 GB I get below error:ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)Error while obtaining a...

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Rnmj
New Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Jose Gonzalez​ , @Werner Stinckens​  @Kaniz Fatma​ ,Thanks for your response .Appreciate a lot. The issue was in the code, it was a python /panda code running on Spark. Due to this only driver node was being used. i did validate this by increasin...

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
Braxx
by Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Retry api request if fails

I have a simple API request to query a table and retrive data, which are then suited into a dataframe. May happened, it fails due to different reasons. How to retry it for let's say 5 times when any kind of error takes place? Here is an api request:d...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Manoj
Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

@Bartosz Wachocki​ ,Use timeout, retry interval ,recursion and exception handling pseudo code belowtimeout = 300def exec_query(query,timeout): try: df = spark.createDataFrame(sf.bulk.MyTable.query(query)) except: if timeout > 0 : sleep(60) exec_que...

• 3 kudos
trm
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! mail configuration azure data bricks pyspark notebook

Hi All,i am new to azure databricks , i am using pyspark .. we need to configure mail alerts when notebook failed or succeeded ..please can some one help me in mail configuration azure data bricks .Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

the easiest way to schedule notebooks in Azure is to use Data Factory.In Data Factory you can schedule the notebooks and define the alerts you want to send.The other option is the one Hubert mentioned.

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
dimoobraznii
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 9 kudos

databricks-connect' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file on windows

Hello,I've installed databricks-connect on Windows 10:C:\Users\danoshin>pip install -U "databricks-connect==9.1.*" Collecting databricks-connect==9.1.* Downloading databricks-connect-9.1.2.tar.gz (254.6 MB) |████████████████████████████████| 2...

• 3 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 9 kudos

@Dmitry Anoshin​ , that seems messed up.the best you can do is to remove databricks connect and also to uninstall any pyspark installation.And then follow the installation guide.It should work after following the procedure.I use a Linux VM for this p...

• 9 kudos
2 More Replies
Greg_Galloway
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Use of private endpoints for storage in workspace with EnableNoPublicIP=Yes and VnetInjection=No

We know that Databricks with VNET injection (our own VNET) allows is to connect to ADLS Gen2 over private endpoints. This is what we typically do.We have a customer who created Databricks with EnableNoPublicIP=Yes (secure cluster connectivity) and Vn...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
User16871418122
Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Managed VNET is locked and allows very limited config tuning like VNET peering that too facilitated and needs to be done from Databricks UI. If they want more control on VNET they need to migrate to VNET injected workspace.

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors