Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Optimize and Vacuum - which is the best order of operations?

Optimize -> VacuumorVacuum -> Optimize

• 5 replies
  • 17 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 17 kudos

I optimize first as delta lake knows which files are relevant for the optimize. Like that I have my optimized data available faster. Then a vacuum. Seemed logical to me, but I might be wrong. Never actually thought about it

• 17 kudos
4 More Replies
Constantine
by Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Generating Spark SQL query using Python

I have a Spark SQL notebook on DB where I have a sql query likeSELECT * FROM table_name WHERE condition_1 = 'fname' OR condition_1 = 'lname' OR condition_1 = 'mname' AND condition_2 = 'apple' AND condition_3 ='orange'There are a lot ...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 4 kudos

Hi @John Constantine​ ,I think you can also use arrays_overlap() for your OR statements docs here

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
Braxx
by Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Conditionally create a dataframe

I would like to implement a simple logic:if Df1 is empty return Df2 else newDf = Df1.union(Df2)May happened that Df1 is empty and the output is simply: []. In that case I do not need union.I have it like this but getting error when creating datafra...

• 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
cconnell
Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

Also try df.head(1).isEmpty

• 5 kudos
4 More Replies
Braxx
by Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Object of type bool_ is not JSON serializable

I am doing a convertion of a data frame to nested dict/json. One of the column called "Problematic__c" is boolean type.For some reason json does not accept this data type retriving error: "Object of type bool_ is not JSON serializable" I need this as...

• 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Braxx
Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

Thanks Dan, that make sens!

• 5 kudos
6 More Replies
Manoj
by Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! Is there a way to submit multiple queries to data bricks SQL END POINT using REST API ?

Is there a way to submit multiple queries to data bricks SQL END POINT using REST API ?

• 4 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
  • 8 kudos

@Manoj Kumar Rayalla​  DBSQL currently limits execution to 10 concurrent queries per cluster so there could be some queuing with 30 concurrent queries. You may want to turn on multi-cluster load balancing to horizontally scale with 1 more cluster for...

• 8 kudos
3 More Replies
Nick_Hughes
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Is there an alerting API please?

Is there an alerting api so that alerts can be source controlled and automated, please ?https://docs.databricks.com/sql/user/alerts/index.html

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Dan_Z
Honored Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Hello @Nick Hughes​ , as of today we do not expose or document the API for these features. I think it will be a useful feature so I created an internal feature request for it (DB-I-4289). If you (or any future readers) want more information on this f...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
William_Scardua
by Valued Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

How not to reprocess old files without delta ?

Hi guys,​Look that case: Company ACME (hypothetical company)​This company does not use delta, but uses open source Spark to process raw data for .parquet, we have a 'sales' process which consists of receiving every hour a new dataset (.csv) within th...

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
William_Scardua
Valued Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Jose Gonzalez​ , ​I agree the best option is to use auto load, but some cases you don`t have the databricks plataform and don`t use delta, i this cases you need build a way to process the new raw files

• 2 kudos
6 More Replies
kaslan
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to filter files in Databricks Autoloader stream

I want to set up an S3 stream using Databricks Auto Loader. I have managed to set up the stream, but my S3 bucket contains different type of JSON files. I want to filter them out, preferably in the stream itself rather than using a filter operation.A...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

According to the docs you linked, the glob filter on input-path only works on directories, not on the files themselves.So if you want to filter on certain files in the concerning dirs, you can include an additional filter through the pathGlobFilter o...

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
HamzaJosh
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

I want to use databricks workers to run a function in parallel on the worker nodes

I have a function making api calls. I want to run this function in parallel so I can use the workers in databricks clusters to run it in parallel. I have tried with ThreadPoolExecutor() as executor: results = executor.map(getspeeddata, alist)to run m...

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
HamzaJosh
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

You guys are not getting the point, I am making API calls in a function and want to store the results in a dataframe. I want multiple processes to run this task in parallel. How do I create a UDF and use it in a dataframe when the task is calling an ...

• 3 kudos
6 More Replies
Tankala_Harika
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hi juliet Wu I have completed my databricks apache spark associate developer exam on 7/10/2021 after subsequent completion of my exam I got my badge t...

Hi juliet Wu I have completed my databricks apache spark associate developer exam on 7/10/2021 after subsequent completion of my exam I got my badge to my Webaccesor Mail immediately after 1 day of exam which is on 8/10/2021​.but I didn't received my...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Mihai1
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How to source control a Dashboard?

Is it possible to source control the dashboard along with a notebook code? When source controlling a python notebook it gets converted to *.py. It looks like the resulting *.py file loses the information about the dashboard cells. Thus, if this *.py ...

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Dan_Z
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

No, you will need to save as another source, like DBC Archive, to replicate the Notebook features.

• 2 kudos
cconnell
by Contributor II
  • 11 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! What is the proper way to import the new pyspark.pandas library?

I am moving an existing, working pandas program into Databricks. I want to use the new pyspark.pandas library, and change my code as little as possible. It appears that I should do the following:1) Add from pyspark import pandas as ps at the top2) Ch...

• 11 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 7 kudos

Make sure to use the 10.0 Runtime which includes Spark 3.2

• 7 kudos
10 More Replies
IgnacioCastinei
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

CLI Command <databricks fs cp> Not Uploading Files to DBFS

Hi all, So far I have been successfully using the CLI interface to upload files from my local machine to DBFS/FileStore/tables. Specifically, I have been using my terminal and the following command: databricks fs cp -r <MyLocalDataset> dbfs:/FileStor...

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 2 kudos

hi @Ignacio Castineiras​ ,If Arjun.kr's fully answered your question, would you be happy to mark their answer as best so that others can quickly find the solution?Please let us know if you still are having this issue.

• 2 kudos
6 More Replies
ExtreemTactical
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

1.   DIFFERENT TYPES OF TACTICAL GEAR 1. HARDWAREOptical hardware, for instance, cuffs, laser sights, optics, and night vision goggles accompany a hug...

1.   DIFFERENT TYPES OF TACTICAL GEAR1. HARDWAREOptical hardware, for instance, cuffs, laser sights, optics, and night vision goggles accompany a huge group of features and capacities. Packs and pockets are made of climate-safe material planned to ke...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Adrien
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Creating a table like in SQL with Spark

Hi !I'm working on a project at my company on Databricks using Scala and Spark. I'm new to Spark and Databricks and so I would like to know how to create a table on specific location (on the Delta Lake of my company). In SQL + some Delta features, I ...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Adrien MERAT​ ,I would like to share the following documentation that will provide examples on how to create Delta tables:Create Delta table linkDelta data types link

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors