Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying the right tools for the job

UM
New Contributor II

Hi all, thank you for taking the time to attend to my post. A background to preface, my team and I have been prototyping an ML model that we would like to push into the production and deployment phase. We have been prototyping on Jupyter Notebooks but are trying to figure out what tools and platforms we may require.

I'm by no means an expert in data architecture and was hoping someone could shed some light. In the diagram attached, is my understanding of it thus far (implying that something like Databricks and Sagemaker is an all in one platform) However, I'm not sure if they have functionalities like:

• version control
  • parameterization of the notebooks
  • templatizing notebooks untitled

Hope to hear back! And participate in an active discussion! Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dan_Z
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

For production model serving, why not just use MLflow Model Serving? You just code it up/import it with the notebooks, then Log it using MLflow, then Register it with the MLflow Registry, then there is a nice UI to serve it using Model Serving. It will expose a REST endpoint for your model that any application can hit.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ UM! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

It is hard to tell what you need. Are you gonna use spark?

Dan_Z
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

For production model serving, why not just use MLflow Model Serving? You just code it up/import it with the notebooks, then Log it using MLflow, then Register it with the MLflow Registry, then there is a nice UI to serve it using Model Serving. It will expose a REST endpoint for your model that any application can hit.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Eu jin Lee​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or do the above responses help you find the solution? Please let us know.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.