Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ivanychev
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

AWS + Cluster with custom docker image = export metrics to CloudWatch?

Is there a working setup on setting up metrics export to CloudWatch while using custom docker images for cluster creation? I've tried to set up the CloudWatch agent manually, but launching `amzon-cloudwatch-agent-ctl` in the bootstrap script fails wi...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
  • 3 kudos

We do not support gangila with custom docker too. but let me cross verify if we are supporting cloudwatch for the same. Sorry for the inconvenience @Sergey Ivanychev​ 

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Sophia_Ars
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Abrupt Subscription Cancellation Issues

Hello Community,I've got informed from Help desk to post this issue in community.We've contacted all supportive entities: billing team, help desk and sales team,but the issue hasn't solved yet.My team(Ars Praxia) has issue of sudden cancellation of s...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Jayeon Jang​ , Thank you for reaching out!I understand how frustrating this must have been for you.We value our customers’ time, and this should not have happened.I appreciate you making us aware of your negative experience.I will relay this mess...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Sunny
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Integrate exe into workflow

We need to execute a long running exe running on a windows machine and thinking of ways to integrate with the workflow. The plan is to include the exe as a task in the Databricks workflow.​​We are thinking of couple of approachesCreate a DB table and...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
edwardh
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! How to call Cloud Fetch APIs?

About Cloud Fetch mentioned in this article:https://databricks.com/blog/2021/08/11/how-we-achieved-high-bandwidth-connectivity-with-bi-tools.htmlAre there any public APIs that can be called directly without ODBC or JDBC drivers? Thanks.

• 9 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
edwardh
New Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​, can you please give some help on this question? Thanks

• 7 kudos
8 More Replies
timothy_uk
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Optimum Standard & Premium Tier Strategy

Hi,I would like to deploy Databricks workspaces to build a delta lakehouse to server both scheduled jobs/processing and ad-hoc/analytical querying workloads. Databricks users comprise of both data engineers and data analysts. In terms of requirements...

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
timothy_uk
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Hi all thank you for informative answers!

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
Deepak_Bhutada
by Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Retrieve workspace instance name on E2 architecture (multi-tenant) in notebook running on job cluster

I have a databricks job on E2 architecture in which I want to retrieve the workspace instance name within a notebook running in a Job cluster context so that I can use it further in my use case. While the call dbutils.notebook.entry_point.getDbutils(...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Thomas_B_
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Found workaround for Azure Databricks question above: dbutils.notebook.getContext().apiUrl will return the regional URI, but this forwards to the workspace-specific one if the workspace id is specified with o=.

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Phani1
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! is it possible to have multiple tabs in Dashboard? if not is there any workaround for this.

is it possible to have multiple tabs in Dashboard? if not is there any workaround for this.

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

I don't think it will be possible. However, you can raise a feature request via our ideas portal with the requirements so that it might be considered in the future.https://docs.databricks.com/resources/ideas.html

• 2 kudos
kpendergast
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Best AWS S3 Bucket Configuration for Auto Loader with Support for Glacier and Future Use Cases

As the titles states I would like to hear how others have setup an AWS s3 bucket to source data with auto loader while supporting the capabilities to archive files after a certain period of time into glacier objects. We currently have about 20 millio...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

@Ken Pendergast​  To setup Databricks with auto loader, please follow the below document. https://docs.databricks.com/spark/latest/structured-streaming/auto-loader.htmlFetching data from Glacier is not supported. however, you can try one of the follo...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
tom_shaffner
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to take only the most recent record from a variable number of tables in a stream

Short version: I need a way to take only the most recent record from a variable number of tables in a stream. This is a relatively easy problem in sql or python pandas (group by and take the newest) but in a stream I keep hitting blocks. I could do i...

temp" data-fileid="0698Y00000JF9NlQAL
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
HÃ¥kon_Ã…mdal
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Did you try storing it all to a DELTA table with a MERGE INTO [1]? You can optionally specify a condition on "WHEN MATCHED" such that you only insert if the timestamp is newer.[1] https://docs.databricks.com/spark/latest/spark-sql/language-manual/del...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
yopbibo
by Contributor II
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Notebook's Widget parameters in SQL cell => howto

dbutils.widgets.text('table', 'product')   %sql select * from ds_data.$tableHello, the above will work.But how can I do something like:dbutils.widgets.text('table', 'product') %sql select * from ds_data.$table_v3in that example, $table is still my ...

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
yopbibo
Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Maybe I should add that I use DB9.1 on a high concurrency cluster

• 1 kudos
7 More Replies
BorislavBlagoev
by Valued Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Delete from delta table

What is the best way to delete from the delta table? In my case, I want to read a table from the MySQL database (without a soft delete column) and then store that table in Azure as a Delta table. When the ids are equal I will update the Delta table w...

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Krish-685291
New Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Hi have the similar issue, I don't see the solution is provided here. I want to perform upcert operation. But along with upcert, I want to delete the records which are missing in source table, but present in the target table. You can think it as a ma...

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
Nuthan_1994
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Installing new libraries on Azure Databricks Clusters

Hi Everyone,I was trying to install the newest python version on the Databricks Clusters and it has the runtime version 7.3 LTS, but no matter how many times I try it keeps installing the 3.7.5 version of python.I know that Runtime version 7.3 LTS co...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Nuthan Peddapurapu​ , Not supported with Databricks Runtime 7 and above at the momenthttps://docs.databricks.com/libraries/cluster-libraries.html#library

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
aldrich_ang
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! How do you use cloud fetch?

We're trying to pull a big amount of data using databricks sql and seem to have a bottleneck on network throughput when fetching the data.I see there's a new feature called cloud fetch and this seems to be the perfect solution for our issue. But I do...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Trying to get an idea of what you are trying:so you query directly on a database of +100GB or is it parquet/delta source?Also, where is the result fetched to? File download, BI tool, ...?

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors