cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

register model - need python 3, but get only python 2

marchello
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm trying to register a model with python 3 support, but continue getting only python 2.

I can see that runtime 6.0 and above get python 3 by default, but I don't see a way to set neither runtime version, nor python version during model registration.

How do I proceed?

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, please ignore the spark.databricks.clusterUsageTags.clusterPythonVersion config as it's out of date and will show 2 even when the actual version is 3. x

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you share more details?

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes more details please:

databricks runtime, how do you know you are not using python 3, cluster settings?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't set the python version. Each runtime has it's own version of python associated with it.

https://docs.databricks.com/release-notes/runtime/releases.html has the details.

The python and spark versions will be captured automatically by MLflow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, please ignore the spark.databricks.clusterUsageTags.clusterPythonVersion config as it's out of date and will show 2 even when the actual version is 3. x

marchello
New Contributor III

Hi team, thanks for getting back to me. 

Let's put this on hold for now. 

I will update once it's needed again. It was solely for education purpose and right now I have quite urgent stuff to do.

Have a great day. 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.