Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminated with exception: Could not initialize class org.rocksdb.Options

Phani1
Valued Contributor

Problem Statement : When running Delta Live tables ,it is giving the error.

Error Message : Could not initialize class org.rocksdb.Options

org.apache.spark.sql.streaming.StreamingQueryException: Query cpicpg_us_tgt_amz_bronze [id = a42eec82-0ee8-41b4-995d-47c13551c7c6, runId = c32cbf3a-08cb-4b4a-bd2e-308662346388] terminated with exception: Could not initialize class org.rocksdb.Options

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.StreamExecution.org$apache$spark$sql$execution$streaming$StreamExecution$$runStream(StreamExecution.scala:376)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.StreamExecution$$anon$1.run(StreamExecution.scala:252)

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.rocksdb.Options

at com.databricks.sql.fileNotification.autoIngest.CloudFilesSource.<init>(CloudFilesSource.scala:72)

at com.databricks.sql.fileNotification.autoIngest.CloudFilesSourceProvider.createSource(CloudFilesSourceProvider.scala:141)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.DataSource.createSource(DataSource.scala:322)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.MicroBatchExecution$$anonfun$1.$anonfun$applyOrElse$1(MicroBatchExecution.scala:97)

at scala.collection.mutable.HashMap.getOrElseUpdate(HashMap.scala:86)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.MicroBatchExecution$$anonfun$1.applyOrElse(MicroBatchExecution.scala:94)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.MicroBatchExecution$$anonfun$1.applyOrElse(MicroBatchExecution.scala:92)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.TreeNode.$anonfun$transformDownWithPruning$1(TreeNode.scala:575)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.CurrentOrigin$.withOrigin(TreeNode.scala:167)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.TreeNode.transformDownWithPruning(TreeNode.scala:575)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.plans.logical.LogicalPlan.org$apache$spark$sql$catalyst$plans$logical$AnalysisHelper$$super$transformDownWithPruning(LogicalPlan.scala:30)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.plans.logical.AnalysisHelper.transformDownWithPruning(AnalysisHelper.scala:268)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.plans.logical.AnalysisHelper.transformDownWithPruning$(AnalysisHelper.scala:264)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.plans.logical.LogicalPlan.transformDownWithPruning(LogicalPlan.scala:30)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.plans.logical.LogicalPlan.transformDownWithPruning(LogicalPlan.scala:30)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.TreeNode.$anonfun$transformDownWithPruning$3(TreeNode.scala:580)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.UnaryLike.mapChildren(TreeNode.scala:1226)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.UnaryLike.mapChildren$(TreeNode.scala:1225)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.plans.logical.UnaryNode.mapChildren(LogicalPlan.scala:188)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.TreeNode.transformDownWithPruning(TreeNode.scala:580)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.plans.logical.LogicalPlan.org$apache$spark$sql$catalyst$plans$logical$AnalysisHelper$$super$transformDownWithPruning(LogicalPlan.scala:30)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.plans.logical.AnalysisHelper.transformDownWithPruning(AnalysisHelper.scala:268)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.plans.logical.AnalysisHelper.transformDownWithPruning$(AnalysisHelper.scala:264)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.TreeNode.transformDown(TreeNode.scala:551)

at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.TreeNode.transform(TreeNode.scala:519)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.MicroBatchExecution.planQuery(MicroBatchExecution.scala:92)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.MicroBatchExecution.logicalPlan$lzycompute(MicroBatchExecution.scala:183)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.MicroBatchExecution.logicalPlan(MicroBatchExecution.scala:183)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.StreamExecution.$anonfun$runStream$1(StreamExecution.scala:337)

at scala.runtime.java8.JFunction0$mcV$sp.apply(JFunction0$mcV$sp.java:23)

at org.apache.spark.sql.SparkSession.withActive(SparkSession.scala:958)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.StreamExecution.org$apache$spark$sql$execution$streaming$StreamExecution$$runStream(StreamExecution.scala:325)

at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.streaming.StreamExecution$$anon$1.run(StreamExecution.scala:252)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

hi @Janga Reddy​ I see this issue has been reported to the engineering team and they are working on it. Once I get some information, I shall share it here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

hi @Janga Reddy​ I see this issue has been reported to the engineering team and they are working on it. Once I get some information, I shall share it here.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Janga Reddy​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help? Please let us know.

Phani1
Valued Contributor

Hi Team ,Thanks for your response, I faced this issue while executing the Delta Live tables / pipeline.

Initially i choose product edition as Core and attached 4 notebooks to the pipeline and each notebook have Bronze and silver tables creation. during invoking the pipeline i encounter the issue. later changed the product edition to Advanced ,now i am not facing the issue. Kindly find the enclosed doc for the same[product edition settings].

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.