Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

TrinaDe
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

How can we join two pyspark dataframes side by side (without using join,equivalent to pd.concat() in pandas) ? I am trying to join two extremely large dataframes where each is of the order of 50 million.

My two dataframes look like new_df2_record1 and new_df2_record2 and the expected output dataframe I want is like new_df2: The code I have tried is the following: If I print the top 5 rows of new_df2, it gives the output as expected but I cannot pri...

0693f000007OoS6AAK
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
TrinaDe
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

The code in a more legible format:

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
PawanShukla
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workflow Pipeline in Azure Databrick is throwing error for EventHubsSourceProvider could not be instantiated

I am using the sample code which is available in getting start tutorial. And it is simple read the json file and move in another table. But it is throwing error related to EventHubsSourceProvider 

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Pawan Shukla​, Can you try restarting the cluster?

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Maverick1
by Valued Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos

Is there any way to overwrite a partition in delta table without specifying each and every partition in replace where? For non dated partitions, this is really a mess with delta tables.

Is there any way to overwrite a partition in delta table without specifying each and every partition in replace where. For non dated partitions, this is really a mess with delta tables.Most of my DE teams don't want to adopt delta because of these gl...

• 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Saurabh Verma​ following up did you get a chance to check @Hubert Dudek​ previous comments ?

• 6 kudos
2 More Replies
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Query silently failed

Hello all, I'm using the older 6.4 runtime and noticed that a query return no result whereas the same query on 10.4 provided the expected result. This is bad, because I got no error, simply no result at all.Is there is some spark settings on the clus...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Alessio Palma​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from me, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
VM
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Error using Synapse ML: JavaPackage object is not callable

I am using DBR version 10.1. I want to use Synapse ML package. I am able to install and import it by following instructions on the link: https://github.com/microsoft/SynapseML. However when I try to run the code it gives me the error shown in the att...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
User16764241763
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hello @Vikram Mahawal​ Clusters need to be in the running state to install/uninstall the libraries. Could you please start the cluster and try installing it.If you are still stuck, please file a support case with us, so we can take a look.Thanks

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Vadim1
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Connect from Databricks to Hbase HDinsight cluster.

Hi, I have Databricks installation in Azure. I want to run a job that connects to HBase in a separate HDinsight cluster.What I tried:Created a peering between base cluster and Databricks vNets.I can ping IPs of Hbase zookeeper nodes but I cannot acce...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
User16764241763
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Vadim, Thank you for the response. Appreciate it.

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
lizou
by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Merge into and data loss

I have a delta table with 20 M rows, Ther table is being updated dozens of times per day. The merge into is used, and the merge works fine for 1 year. But recently I begin notice some of data is deleted from merge into without delete specified. Mer...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
lizou
Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

I can't reproduce the issue anymore. for now, I am going to limit the number of merge into commands as intermediate data transformation does not need versioning history. I am going to try to use combined views for each step, and do a one-time merge i...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
shan_chandra
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Insert query fails with error "The query is not executed because it tries to launch ***** tasks in a single stage, while maximum allowed tasks one query can launch is 100000;

Py4JJavaError: An error occurred while calling o236.sql. : org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted. at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.FileFormatWriter$.write(FileFormatWriter.scala:201) at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.I...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

could you please increase the below config (at the cluster level) to a higher value or set it to zero spark.databricks.queryWatchdog.maxQueryTasks 0The spark config while it alleviates the issue.

• 1 kudos
PradeepRavi
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 9 kudos

How do I prevent _success and _committed files in my write output?

Is there a way to prevent the _success and _committed files in my output. It's a tedious task to navigate to all the partitions and delete the files. Note : Final output is stored in Azure ADLS

• 6 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 9 kudos

Please find the below steps to remove _SUCCESS, _committed and _started files.spark.conf.set("spark.databricks.io.directoryCommit.createSuccessFile","false") to remove success file.run vacuum command multiple times until _committed and _started files...

• 9 kudos
5 More Replies
auser85
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

dbutils.notebook.run() fails with job aborted but running the notebook individually works

I have a notebook that runs many notebooks in order, along the lines of:```%pythonnotebook_list = ['Notebook1', 'Notebook2']   for notebook in notebook_list:  print(f"Now on Notebook: {notebook}")  try:    dbutils.notebook.run(f'{notebook}', 3600)  e...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
auser85
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

I found the problem. Even if a notebook creates and specifies a widget fully, the notebook run process, e.g, dbutils.notebook.run('notebook') will not know how to use it. If I replace my widget with a non-widget provided value, the process works fine...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
pieseautoford
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

www.pieseford.ro

Hi, my name is Jerry Maguire and I`m automatic engineer at Piese Ford. Piese originale Ford Fiesta 2008-2012

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
jwilliam
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How to view the SQL Query History of traditional Databricks cluster (not Databricks SQL)?

I tried use the Spark Cluster UI. But the queries are truncated.

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
walkermaster12
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

In Apache Spark prior to 2.1, once a SQL query was run, there was no way to re-run it; all history was lost. Spark SQL introduced the "replay" functionality in Spark 2.1.0, enabling users to re-run any query they have already run. You can run a query...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Phani1
by Valued Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Terminated with exception: Could not initialize class org.rocksdb.Options

Problem Statement : When running Delta Live tables ,it is giving the error.Error Message : Could not initialize class org.rocksdb.Optionsorg.apache.spark.sql.streaming.StreamingQueryException: Query cpicpg_us_tgt_amz_bronze [id = a42eec82-0ee8-41b4-9...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Phani1
Valued Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Hi Team ,Thanks for your response, I faced this issue while executing the Delta Live tables / pipeline.Initially i choose product edition as Core and attached 4 notebooks to the pipeline and each notebook have Bronze and silver tables creation. duri...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Phani1
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Execute tasks parallel to process multiple files parallel

Hi all, If we have multiple tasks under the job, How to invoke a specific task under a job.Do we have any API to invoke Job and its specific tasks instead of Job.Use case: When we receive multiple messages from the event hub, each underlying task in ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Phani1
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Thanks for your response, My question is ,if we have multiple tasks in a job ,How can we invoke specific task, I can see API to invoke the job but not a particular task in it. Kindly find attachment for your reference.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
klllmmm
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Error as no such file when reading CSV file using pandas

I'm trying to read a CSV file saved in data using pandas read_csv function. But it gives No such file error.%fs ls /FileStore/tables/   df= pd.read_csv('/dbfs/FileStore/tables/CREDIT_1.CSV')     df= pd.read_csv('/dbfs:/FileStore/tables/CREDIT_1.CSV')...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
klllmmm
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Thanks to @Werner Stinckens​ for the answer.I understood that I have to use spark to read data from clusters.

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors