Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spark cluster monitoring and visibility

Saurav
New Contributor III

Hey. I'm working on a project where I'd like to be able to view and play around with the spark cluster metrics. I'd like to know what the utilization % and max values are for metrics like CPU, memory and network. I've tried using some open source solutions(https://github.com/mspnp/spark-monitoring) but I'm not really getting what I'm looking for. Ideally, a solution that could give me insights on my Azure Databricks instances to optimize usage would be perfect. Currently, I can access some of these metrics on the metrics tab on my spark cluster page as static images but it'd be great if I could export that information to make my own insights or graphs.

6 REPLIES 6

User16764241763
Honored Contributor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Saurav Santhosh​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Arvind Ravish​  and @Joseph Kambourakis​ , and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Saurav
New Contributor III

Hey @Kaniz Fatma​, I Appreciate the suggestions and will be looking into them. Haven't gotten to it yet so I didn't want to mention whether they worked for me or not. Since I'm looking to avoid solutions like DataDog, I'll be checking out the Prometheus and @Arvind Ravish​'s first suggestion. Thanks!

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Saurav Santhosh​ , Thanks for your response. Please let us know once you check.

Just a friendly follow-up. Did you have time to check? do you still need help or can you mark as best the response that helped you?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.