Did you mean:ย 
Data Governance
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bamboolib not working correctly

New Contributor III

I'm trying to use bamboolib on the 11.0 recommended DBR. I am using the option "Databricks: Load database table" The databases and tables that are on the unity catalog do not populate the dropdown boxes.

How can I fix this?

8 REPLIES 8

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you see any error in the cluster logs โ€‹or in the notebook?

No errors are showing up in the cluster log or notebook outside of Error: Could not display the widget. Please re-run the cell.

jose_gonzalez

Hi @k.b.โ€‹,

Please share more details. Whats the error stack trace? code snippet? screenshots? anything that can help us to narrow down the RCA should work.

I ran into the same issue and now the widget won't load. Either the widget loading times out, or it says cannot load widget. Rerun cell.

I've even tried restarting the cluster. I have the appropriate run time, so I'm not sure what is going on. 

bamboolib error.png

youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

If UC is activated make sure to grant yourself the permissions to this table. If you can share with us a screenshot it would be great

I have admin access to all tables. 

Vidula
Honored Contributor

Hello @k.b.โ€‹ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.