Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can process 3.5GB GZ (~90GB) nested JSON and convert them to tabular formats with less processing time and optimized cost in Azure Databricks?

sanchit_popli
New Contributor II

I have a total of 5000 files (Nested JSON ~ 3.5 GB). I have written a code which converts the json to Table in minutes (for JSON size till 1 GB) but when I am trying to process 3.5GB GZ json it is mostly getting failed because of Garbage collection. I have tried multiple clusters as well, still it is taking 18 minutes to read the file only and since it is a nested json it reads it only as a single record.

Please find the sample JSON Structure.

Data frame structureCode snippet:

CodeReading Code:

Reading CodeI am looking a way first to process one 3.5 GZ file and after that my focus will be working on 5000 similar files. I am searching for a way which will be more optimized and cost effective. Currently I am using Azure Databricks but I am open you use any other alternate technology as well.

0 REPLIES 0
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.