Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

isaac_gritz
by Valued Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Performance Tuning Best Practices

Recommendations for performance tuning best practices on DatabricksWe recommend also checking out this article from my colleague @Franco Patano​ on best practices for performance tuning on Databricks.​Performance tuning your workloads is an important...

Performance Tuning Framework.png
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
isaac_gritz
Valued Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Let us know in the comments if you have any other performance tuning tips & tricks

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks VPC - EKS VPC security groups

Hi,We have a databricks deployment in our AWS account in a dedicated VPC which we created a VPC peering to our EKS VPC, in the EKS main security group we added a rule that opens all TCP ports from the Databricks VPC and now it's working. Once I try t...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Vadim1
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to pass HBase-site.xml to a Databricks job?

Hi, I have Azure Hbase cluster and Databricks. I want to run jobs on Databricks that write data to Hbase. To connect to Hbase I need to get Hbase-site.xml and have it in the classpath or env of a job.Question: How can I run the Databricks job with an...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Vadim Z​,Just a friendly follow-up. Did the response from Hubert help you to resolve your issues? let us know if you still are looking for help

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Reddraider
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What happened to the Custom option in the Cluster Configuration Access Mode menu option?

We are trying to configure a job cluster for a workflow. It looks as though we no longer have the option in the Access mode drop down for 'Custom'. We need custom as we have additional Spark configuration key/value settings we apply. The UI throws an...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
sanchit_popli
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can process 3.5GB GZ (~90GB) nested JSON and convert them to tabular formats with less processing time and optimized cost in Azure Databricks?

I have a total of 5000 files (Nested JSON ~ 3.5 GB). I have written a code which converts the json to Table in minutes (for JSON size till 1 GB) but when I am trying to process 3.5GB GZ json it is mostly getting failed because of Garbage collection. ...

Data frame structure Code Reading Code
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Delta
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hey @Rahul Kumar​ Hope everything is going great.Just checking in. Does @Kaniz Fatma​'s response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? Else please let us know if ...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Erik
by Valued Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! How to combine medallion architecture and delta live-tables nicely?

As many of you, we have implemented a "medallion architecture" (raw/bronze/silver/gold layers), which are each stored on seperate storrage accounts. We only create proper hive tables of the gold layer tables, so our powerbi users connecting to the da...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
merca
Valued Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

I can answer the first question:You can define data storage by setting the `path` parameter for tables. The "storage path" in pipeline settings will then only hold checkpoints (and some other pipeline stuff) and data will be stored in the correct acc...

• 3 kudos
Kasi
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to execute 6.1 and 6.2 examples

Hi All,I am unable to execute "Classroom-Setup-06.1" & "Classroom-Setup-06.2" setups in DataEngineering Course. On checking, I found that "DA = DBAcademyHelper()" statement is not executing in the include section of the code.I am using the community ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Host
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

hostinc-logo

Hostinc is the best place to match the price and quality of the product at the most affordable price. If you are looking for a server that can make your marketing campaign a huge success here you go with our one of the most powerful Dedicated Server ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Sovchenko
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thanks for sharing! Before you hire mobile app developers, you need to carefully study this topic.

• 0 kudos
User16790091296
by Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to delete from a temp view or equivalent in spark sql databricks?

I need to delete from a temp view in databricks, but it looks like i can do only merge, select and insert. Maybe i missed something but I did not find any documentation on this.

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
crazy_horse
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

What about%sqlDROP TABLE IF EXISTS xxxxx

• 1 kudos
5 More Replies
Bin
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to do an "overwrite" output mode using spark structured streaming without deleting all the data and the checkpoint

I have this delta lake in ADLS to sink data through spark structured streaming. We usually append new data from our data source to our delta lake, but there are some cases when we find errors in the data that we need to reprocess everything. So what ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
mp
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! How can I convert a parquet into delta table?

I am looking to migrate my legacy warehouse data. How can I convert a parquet into delta table?

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Manish P​ , You have three options for converting a Parquet table to a Delta table.Convert files to Delta Lake format and then create a Delta table:CONVERT TO DELTA parquet.`/data-pipeline/` CREATE TABLE events USING DELTA LOCATION '/data-pipelin...

• 6 kudos
3 More Replies
ilarsen
by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Trouble referencing a column that has been added by schema evolution (Auto Loader with Delta Live Tables)

Hi,I have a Delta Live Tables pipeline, using Auto Loader, to ingest from JSON files. I need to do some transformations - in this case, converting timestamps. Except one of the timestamp columns does not exist in every file. This is causing the DLT p...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
serg-v
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running large window spark structured streaming aggregations with small slide duration

I want to run aggregations on large windows (90 days) with small slide duration (5 minutes).Straightforward solution leads to giant state around hundreds of gigabytes, which doesn't look acceptable.Is there any best practices doing this?Now I conside...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Sergey Volkov​, Thanks for your question. Here are some fantastic articles on EWMA and Event-time Aggregation in Apache Spark™’s Structured Streaming. Please have a look. Let us know if that helps.https://towardsdatascience.com/time-series-from-s...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
SailajaB
by Valued Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! How to restrict Azure users to use launch workspace to login to ADB workspace as admin when user has owner or contributor role

HI,Is there any way to disable launch workspace option in Azure portal for ADB.We have user accesses at resource group, so we need to restrict users who are part of owner or contributor role to launch ADB worksapce as admin.Thank you

• 2 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
none_ranjeet
New Contributor III
  • 8 kudos

Deny Assignments don't block subscription contributor to launch workspace and become admin. Actually I haven't find any way to block that after many tries of different methods.

• 8 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors