cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please enable 14 day trial

Smitha1
Valued Contributor II

Dear Databricks,

I had enrolled earlier for 14-day trial but didn't use it due to different commitments and trial expired. I have enrolled for certification and want to use it now. Is it possible to enable 14-day trial again. Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

LandanG
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Would the Community Edition meet your use case? Or do you need features not included in the CE?

Smitha1
Valued Contributor II

Hi @Landan George​ 

Thanks for your response.

I am preparing for databricks certified associate developer apache spark 3.0 certification which includes

Spark SQL functions and

Dataframe methods and

spark architecture concepts, architecture API, dataframe API,clusters etc.

I am not sure if CE has SQL features as I didn't use it before.

Based on certification mentioned above, would you enable required features to practice please?

Thanks again

Regards,

Smitha

LandanG
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hey @Smitha Nelapati​ ,

The CE doesn't have the SQL persona, but you should be able to use the Spark SQL functions, the DataFrame methods, and general spark configuration.

The CE is free to use forever so I'd try signing up and see if it works. Unfortunately I'm not able to do anything about the 14-day trial

Smitha1
Valued Contributor II

Dear @Landan George​ 

Thanks for your reply.

PFA screenshot, workspace is disabled. Am in the right page?

If I add billing info, I might get charged. Please advise.

Regards

Smitha.

image.png

Smitha1
Valued Contributor II

@Landan George​  Hi, Please advise. I have shared screenshot, please check. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Smitha

LandanG
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Smitha Nelapati​ Correct. If you enter your billing info you'll start to get billed for usage. If you want to use the CE go to https://www.databricks.com/try-databricks --> Get Started --> Get Started With Community Edition (at bottom)

Smitha1
Valued Contributor II

Hi @Landan George​ 

I cannot see the option Get Started --> Get Started With Community Edition (at bottom) mentioned by you. PFA screenshot. Do I have to register in AWS to work on CE? Please advise. Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Smitha

LandanG
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Click that "get started for free" button then the link is at the bottom

Smitha1
Valued Contributor II

Hi @Landan George​ I appreciate your response.

PFA screenshot, I had already registered in the past and 14 day trial expired and cant create workspace after I login unless billing info is provided. Hence I created ticket as msg was contact sales team.

Smitha1
Valued Contributor II

hi @Landan George​ 

Is it possible to enable workspace, as seen in screenshot unless billing info is provided, I can't create workspace. Please help.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Smitha Nelapati​, Once your trial has ended, you can continue with the Pay-As-You-Go subscription.

Databricks offers you a pay-as-you-go approach with no up-front costs. Only pay for the products you use per second granularity.

By default, you will be billed monthly based on per-second usage on your credit card. Contact us for more billing options, such as billing by invoice or an annual plan.

Check this page for more information.

Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.