Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PythonException: 'RuntimeError: The length of output in Scalar iterator pandas UDF should be the same with the input's; however, the length of output was 1 and the length of input was 2.'.

Ancil
Contributor II

I have pandas_udf, its working for 1 rows, but I tried with more than one rows getting below error.

PythonException: 'RuntimeError: The length of output in Scalar iterator pandas UDF should be the same with the input's; however, the length of output was 1 and the length of input was 2.'.

Code

@func.pandas_udf(StringType())

def find_data(inputs : Iterator[pd.Series]) -> Iterator[pd.Series]:

for input in inputs :

--doing logic have for loop, if etc.

yield pd.Series(str(result_json))

df = df.withColumn("outData",find_data("inputData"))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I was testing, and your function is correct. So you need to have an error in inputData

type (is all string) or with result_json. Please also check the runtime version. I was using 11 LTS.image.png 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I was testing, and your function is correct. So you need to have an error in inputData

type (is all string) or with result_json. Please also check the runtime version. I was using 11 LTS.image.png 

Thanks @Hubert Dudek​ . Let me check the version.

Hi @Hubert Dudek​ 

I tried, hard coded data Frame input data , its working as expected.

But if am loading same data from file getting above mentioned error, do you have any idea.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.