cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make Unity Catalog work on Azure

Gustavo_Az
Contributor

Hello

I have created the metastore, linked it to the worskpace, my account is admin in Azure and Databricks, followed these instructions:

But when I try to create a table (granting privileges to use catalog, create schemas and create tables) I get this error:

error unity catalog 

Trying two another things, read from that metastore container, and from another container in the same storage account, I got an error for the first and a success for the second:

error overlaps with managed storage 

I dont know what I am missing to make it work. There is a complete guide to set up Unity Catalog?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gustavo_Az
Contributor

I finally made it work.

It seems that although after configuring the metastore to work with a manged identity, the metastore must be upgraded with this guide.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gustavo_Az
Contributor

I also created an external location for trying to create tables in the container where I succeded to do an LS. I got an error while creating the external location, but the UI let me force it and it was created.

Then I test the connection to the external location and I get this other error (I think its the same when creating without forcing the external location.):

externarl location error 

Cami
Contributor III

how did you configure access to storage ( metastore) in the UC ? It was managed identity or service principal.? 

With managed identity.

Gustavo_Az
Contributor

I finally made it work.

It seems that although after configuring the metastore to work with a manged identity, the metastore must be upgraded with this guide.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.