Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the purpose of the databricks-workspace-stack-lambdazipsbucket S3 bucket created on Databricks AWS Account Provisioning?

DianGermishuiz1
New Contributor III

An S3 bucket with the prefix "databricks-workspace-stack-lambdazipsbucket" was created by default when I created my AWS Databricks account. It is set to public access.

It has one zip file in it called "lambda.zip".

What is the purpose of this S3 bucket? Why does it have public access?

4 REPLIES 4

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, have you deployed the workspace via cloud formation?

DianGermishuiz1
New Contributor III

We went to Databricks' "Try Databricks" forms and used that. It asked us to connect to the AWS Account where it deployed the Databricks instance.

We didn't action it from inside AWS directly.

Hope that answers the question?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Dian Germishuizen​ 

Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.

To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?

This will also help other community members who may have similar questions in the future. Thank you for your participation and let us know if you need any further assistance! 

Hi @Vidula Khanna​ ,

The one reply provided has not yet answered the question, thus I cannot mark it as the best answer just yet.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.