cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboolib with Databricks

Chhaya
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has experience using the bamboolib library within Databricks. I am currently using it for a client to display table data on the UI and potentially allow users to edit existing rows and insert new ones. While I have explored options within the UI, it doesn't seem possible to perform these actions directly. Additionally, there is an edit button that appears to be greyed out. I'm uncertain if this is due to a missed prerequisite or if it's an upcoming feature.

screenshot for reference

bamboolib 

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chhaya Vishwakarma​ :

Bamboolib is a third-party library and is not officially supported by Databricks. However, in general, Databricks supports the use of third-party libraries and packages.

Regarding your specific question, it's possible that the edit button is greyed out because the table being displayed is read-only. Bamboolib's documentation states that it supports read and write operations for certain data sources, such as pandas dataframes and SQL tables, but it may depend on the specific implementation and configuration.

I would recommend checking the Bamboolib documentation and examples to ensure that you have properly configured the library for your use case. You may also want to reach out to the Bamboolib community or support team for further assistance.

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Chhaya Vishwakarma​ It looks we can use search actions button instead of edit as shown in attached screen shot, when we are adding ***** data edit option is enabled, but when we are picking any csv or data frames then edit option is not available . not seeing any issue in terms of permissions also.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Chhaya Vishwakarma​ 

I'm sorry you could not find a solution to your problem in the answers provided.

Our community strives to provide helpful and accurate information, but sometimes an immediate solution may only be available for some issues.

I suggest providing more information about your problem, such as specific error messages, error logs or details about the steps you have taken. This can help our community members better understand the issue and provide more targeted solutions.

Alternatively, you can consider contacting the support team for your product or service. They may be able to provide additional assistance or escalate the issue to the appropriate section for further investigation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.