Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will databricks runtime be released for Scala 2.13?

qwerty1
Contributor

I see that spark fully supports Scala 2.13. I wonder why is there no databricks runtime with Scala 2.13 yet. Any plans on making this available? It would be super useful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't a date for DBR13. There is usually a DBR version every 6 months, so maybe look at it in late 2023.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

From my reading, it looks like engineering is going to target the DBR 14 release for Scala 2.13. It looks like azure events hub isn't compatible with 2.13 and that's going to cause some issues as we don't maintain that library at all. It's currently being worked on, but takes a little while.

Thanks for the response. Is there a tentative date for DBR 14 release?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't a date for DBR13. There is usually a DBR version every 6 months, so maybe look at it in late 2023.

source2sea
Contributor

I see db runtime 14 is out, but still 2.12, when would databricks plan to support 2.13 or 3 

thank you

Looks like its worth to open a new question. I'd like to know too

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.