Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

sujan1
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

requirements.txt with cluster libraries

Cluster libraries are supported from version 15.0 - Databricks Runtime 15.0 | Databricks on AWS.How can I specify requirements.txt file path in the libraries in a job cluster in my workflow? Can I use relative path? Is it relative from the root of th...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

To specify the requirements.txt file path for libraries in a job cluster workflow in Databricks, you have a few options. Let’s break it down: Upload the requirements.txt File: First, upload your requirements.txt file to your Databricks workspace....

• 0 kudos
Abhay_1002
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Archive file support in Jar Type application

In my spark application, I am using set of python libraries. I am submitting spark application as Jar Task. But I am not able to find any option provide Archive Files.So, in order to handle python dependencies, I am using approach:Create archive file...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Abhay_1002,  Using --py-files Argument: When submitting a Spark application, you can use the --py-files argument to add Python files (including .zip or .egg archives) to be distributed with your application1. However, this approach is typical...

• 0 kudos
EirikMa
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

UTF-8 troubles in DLT

Issues with UTF-8 in DLTI am having issues with UTF-8 in DLT:I have tried to set the spark config on the cluster running the DLT pipeline:  I have fixed this with normal compute under advanced settings like this:spark.conf.set("spark.driver.extraJava...

EirikMa_0-1711360526822.png EirikMa_1-1711361452104.png
Community Discussions
data engineering
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
EirikMa
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Kaniz! Sorry for a long wait...The problem is not the columns or the data itself, the UTF-8 option for csv is working fine. The issue is with table_names not being compatible it seems. If I run the query through Auto Loader outside DLT and use ba...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
mderela
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks bundles - good practice for multiprocessing envs

I'm seeking advice regarding Databricks bundles. In my scenario, I have multiple production environments where I aim to execute the same DLT. To simplify, let's assume the DLT reads data from 'eventhub-region-name,' with this being the only differing...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @mderela, When dealing with Databricks bundles in a multi-environment setup, there are some best practices you can follow to ensure smooth execution and maintainable code. Let’s explore a couple of recommendations: Parameterization and Configu...

• 0 kudos
Ikanip
by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to choose a compute, and how to find alternatives for the current compute being used?

We are using a compute for an Interactive Cluster in Production which incurs X amount of cost. We want to know what are the options available to use with near about the same processing power as the current compute but incur a cost of Y, which is less...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
raphaelblg
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hello @Ikanip , You can utilize the Databricks Pricing Calculator to estimate costs. For detailed information on compute capacity, please refer to your cloud provider's documentation regarding Virtual Machine instance types.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
liormayn
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

OSError: [Errno 78] Remote address changed

Hello:)as part of deploying an app that previously ran directly on emr to databricks, we are running experiments using LTS 9.1, and getting the following error: PythonException: An exception was thrown from a UDF: 'pyspark.serializers.SerializationEr...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
liormayn
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hey @NandiniN  The error currently stopped happening, but we are not feeling "safe" yet,could you tell me when the fix was published? just so we try and pin point to see if the fix is what solved it? 

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
Hubcap7700
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Native Slack Integration

Hi,Are there any plans to build native slack integration? I'm envisioning a one-time connector to Slack that would automatically populate all channels and users to select to use for example when configuring an alert notification. It is does not seem ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
tim-mcwilliams
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notebook cell gets hung up but code completes

Have been running into an issue when running a pymc-marketing model in a Databricks notebook. The cell that fits the model gets hung up and the progress bar stops moving, however the code completes and dumps all needed output into a folder. After the...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
GeKo
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

column "storage_sub_directory" is now always NULL in system.information_schema.tables

Hello,I am running a job that depends on the information provided in column storage_sub_directory in system.information_schema.tables .... and it worked until 1-2 weeks ago.Now I discovered in the doc that this column is deprecated and always null , ...

Community Discussions
Unity Catalog
unitycatalog
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hello, Linking the documentation - https://docs.databricks.com/en/sql/language-manual/information-schema/tables.html#definition STORAGE_SUB_DIRECTORY STRING Yes No Deprecated. Always NULL.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Abhay_1002
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Python Package Management in Spark application

In a pyspark application, I am using set of python libraries. In order to handle python dependencies while running pyspark application, I am using the approach provided by spark : Create archive file of Python virtual environment using required set o...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi, I have not tried it but based on the doc you have to go by this approach. ./environment/bin/pythonmust be replaced with the correct path. import os from pyspark.sql import SparkSession os.environ['PYSPARK_PYTHON'] = "./environment/bin/python" sp...

• 0 kudos
Nagarathna
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

File not found error when trying to read json file from aws s3 using with open.

I am trying to reading json from aws s3 using with open in databricks notebook using shared cluster.Error message:No such file or directory:'/dbfs/mnt/datalake/input_json_schema.json'In single instance cluster the above error is not found.  

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Nagarathna , I just tried it on a shared cluster and did not face any issue. What is the exact error that you are facing? Complete stacktrace might help. Just to confirm are you accessing the "/dbfs/mnt/datalake/input.json" from the same workspac...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
databricksdev
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can we customize job run name when running azure data bricks notebook jobs from azure data factory

Hi All,we are executing databricks notebook activity  inside the child pipeline thru ADF. we are getting child pipeline name in job name while executing databricks job.  Is it possible to get master pipeline name as job name or customize job name thr...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

I think we should raise a Request/Product Feedback. Not sure if it would be Databricks that would own it or Microsoft but you may submit feedback for Databricks here - https://docs.databricks.com/en/resources/ideas.html  

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
MOUNIKASIMHADRI
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Insufficient Permissions Issue on Databricks

I have encountered a technical issue on Databricks.While executing commands both in Spark and SQL within the Databricks environment, I’ve run into permission-related errors from selecting files from DBFS. "org.apache.spark.SparkSecurityException: [IN...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi @MOUNIKASIMHADRI ,   Workspace admins get ANY FILE granted by default. They can explicitly grant it to non-admin users. Hence as suggested in the kb,  GRANT SELECT ON ANY FILE TO `<user@domain-name>`  

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies