cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Account Access token

shubhdhanuka
New Contributor
Can you please help me with how to authenticate account level rest apis?

curl --request GET https://accounts.cloud.databricks.com/api/2.0/accounts/{account_id}/usage

I use Permanent Access Token to authenticate workspace APIs but it's not working for workspace APIs which is not 

In documentation, username and password was mentioned but I believe the username, password method to authenticate is deprecated now.

How to generate account access token, which I can pass in header as Authorization key.

1 REPLY 1

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @shubhdhanuka ,

To get access to account API you cannot use personal access token. Instead, you must use the Microsoft Entra ID tokens of Azure Databricks account admins. Azure Databricks account admins can be users or service principals.

Below you can find all available authentication types that you can use:

Authentication for Azure Databricks automation - overview - Azure Databricks | Microsoft Learn

You should pick one that suits your need and follow guideline

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group