cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard update through API

pawelzak
New Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to create / update dashboard definition based on the json file. How can one do it? I tried the following:

1. databricks api post /api/2.0/preview/sql/dashboards/$dashboard_id --json @file.json
    But it does not update the widgets
  2. databricks api get /api/2.0/workspace/export --json '{"path": "/Shared/t1"}'
    Got the following result: "Error: dbsqlDashboard is not user-facing."

How can this be solved, I need to be able to create / update the dashboards programatically...

Regards,

Pawel

2 REPLIES 2

pawelzak
New Contributor III

Hi @Kaniz,

This situation presents significant challenges for our organization. How can we replicate dashboards across workspaces? Are there alternatives such as SDKs, Terraform, or anything similar? This seems like a fundamental use case, and it's surprising that Databricks doesn't support it, especially considering that extracting the definition is possible.

Apologies for creating duplicate tickets, but I've observed that follow-up questions often go unanswered in the Databricks community threads and this issue is critical for my organization.

Thank you,

Pawel

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.