cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Databricks account

Edyta
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, as in the topic, I would like to delete unnnecesarily created account. I have found outdated solutions (e.g. https://community.databricks.com/t5/data-engineering/how-to-delete-databricks-account/m-p/6323#M2501), but they do not work anymore. I managed to cancel the subscription, how can I actually delete the account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @Edyta ,

FOR AWS:
Manage your subscription | Databricks on AWS

" Before you delete a Databricks account, you must first cancel your Databricks subscription and delete all Unity Catalog metastores in the account. After you delete all metastores associated with your organization’s account, you can start the process to delete your account.

If you need to delete your Databricks account, reach out to your account team for assistance or file a ticket at help.databricks.com."

FOR AZURE:

Manage your subscription - Azure Databricks | Microsoft Learn

"To delete an Azure Databricks service:

1. Log into your Azure Databricks workspace as the account owner (the user who created the service).
  2. Click your username in the top bar of the workspace, and select Azure from the dropdown menu.
  3. In the Azure Databricks service, click Delete and then OK"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @Edyta ,

FOR AWS:
Manage your subscription | Databricks on AWS

" Before you delete a Databricks account, you must first cancel your Databricks subscription and delete all Unity Catalog metastores in the account. After you delete all metastores associated with your organization’s account, you can start the process to delete your account.

If you need to delete your Databricks account, reach out to your account team for assistance or file a ticket at help.databricks.com."

FOR AZURE:

Manage your subscription - Azure Databricks | Microsoft Learn

"To delete an Azure Databricks service:

1. Log into your Azure Databricks workspace as the account owner (the user who created the service).
  2. Click your username in the top bar of the workspace, and select Azure from the dropdown menu.
  3. In the Azure Databricks service, click Delete and then OK"

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group